407 SW glass not opening - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WillNZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-11-18, 11:00 PM   #1

Default 407 SW glass not opening

Hi chaps, new Pug owner, having succumbed to diesel power as fuel in NZ ebbs ever higher.

Got me a 2.7hdi last week, she is pretty good all around, considering she is now 11.

However, a feature I read up about after I had taken ownership is the split rear boot, alas mine doesn't work, the motor whirrs but it does not release.

I tried taking a look yesterday but I didn't have the right torx piece (one I'd never seen before) to get the final bit of trim that covers the wiper motor and lock motor. However, I was able to see up into the mechanism and it does look the the U bolt on the boot lid is stuck in the locking mechanism.

I will try and find the right torx piece, but has anyone else tackled this and have some sage advice before I go charging in and potentially barking up the wrong tree, or making it harder for myself than I need to.

Cheers
boflit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-11-18, 02:05 AM   #2

Does it not open when you use the centre button on the remote?
trem1 likes this.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-11-18, 09:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNZ View Post
Does it not open when you use the centre button on the remote?
No, as I said, it whirrs, for about 2 seconds but the glass does not come free. Having taken off the back panel and looked up and under at the mechanism I can again hear the whirr but nothing moves, the U bolt stays in the lock. I did try pushing on it to give it some encouragement but it was difficult to get purchase through the small gap.

Old 26-11-18, 03:35 PM   #4

Is there a motor for the rear glass??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-11-18, 06:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trem1 View Post
Is there a motor for the rear glass??
Its either that, or a small person tucked away in the boot lid going "whirr". Maybe his little fingers have worn down to a stump and can no longer undo the clip to release the lock. But I think its more likely to be a motor.

However, it does sound like a motor free wheeling, I assume it is a servo but until I can get the rest of the trim off I don't know. It might just be the gear has worn, or fallen off, seeing as it certainly sounds like power is getting to the lock.
Old 26-11-18, 06:26 PM   #6

Can't see any sign of a motor on servicebox and I've had my rear wiper assembly on the glass dismantled for servicing. No motor that I could see. The microswitch just sends power to the lock

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 26-11-18, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trem1 View Post
Can't see any sign of a motor on servicebox and I've had my rear wiper assembly on the glass dismantled for servicing. No motor that I could see. The microswitch just sends power to the lock

And how does the lock open? presumably a servo?

When I was looking up under the trim (the hard plastic part that covers the wiper motor) I could see the wiper motor in the middle, and then a little servo motor (or a black box anyway, that whirred when the exterior button is pressed or the remote button is pressed) to the left, i.e. the passenger side (of a right hand drive car). At the top of that I could see the U bolt in the jaws of the lock attached to this servo/motor.

Does the microswitch not have a motor or servo in it? Anyway, whatever it is, that box, microswitch or servo, is whirring but not releasing the catch.

I thought I had all torx bits but it seems this 3 sided one with pin holes at each corner that Peugeot use is eluding me, otherwise I could get that trim off. I will have to have a look at Repco this weekend (NZs equivalent of Halfords).
Old 26-11-18, 06:48 PM   #8

Register for servicebox (make up garage name etc) they don't check and you can look at all the components

Old 26-11-18, 07:11 PM   #9

ok thanks, registered, but even though set nouvelle zelande it says country code not set, waiting for service box to reply, then hopefully I can work it out.

I've got a sparky mate too, I might ask if he has this torx bit that eludes me too.
Old 27-11-18, 07:05 PM   #10

I see the part is called a lock glass shutter on servicebox, I can only assume there is a servo in there that releases the lock, hence the whirr!
Anyway, once I find the torx piece I need to get under the trim then I can check it closer, its clearly working if its making the noise, I just suspect something is jammed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in