407 SW air con problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-19, 01:52 PM   #1

Default 407 SW air con problem

Hello i need help,i have 407SW 2.2-170hp
My air con it is not working,when otside is high temp 35°,and inside i put LO or 24° on my pipes it is not so cold air,and if outside is lover temp like 27° or similar,in my cabin it is so cold that i need to shut down air con...
Does any one have similar problem and how can i fix it
Nebo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-06-19, 04:12 AM   #2

Sounds like you need to have the refrigerant refilled.
Mine is like this, I think I have a slow leak somewhere, and I'm just too lazy to find it.
I take mine to Halfords and get it refilled for 45 in the summer. They have a 1 year guarantee, no questions asked, so they'll refill it again for you. With the refill after a few months, it usually gets me through the year.

It's also possible that your heater flaps are broken. You can repair these yourself if you're willing to cut a hole in the heater unit, pull them out, and glue them, or replace them.

There should be plenty info about doing this on here. And there's some good YouTube videos too.

To get a garage, or a dealer, to do this costs a few thousand, as they have to pull out the whole dash to get at the heater box.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in