407 SW 2.0 HDI Engine management and intercooler - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-19, 06:30 PM   #1

Default 407 SW 2.0 HDI Engine management and intercooler

Hi All,

A bit of background on my 2009 2.0 HDI SW

So a month or so ago I posted about having the engine management light come on and getting a risk of DPF blocking this was when the fuel was in the red and after towing a caravan the week before, and we thought I had pulled crap through the engine and that was what was causing it, well a month and a bit on the car is still in bad shape and I couldn't work out why, i had loaded the tank with DPF cleaner and system clean and there was no real difference. I got the codes and they indicated a air flow issue with a sensor and low exhaust emissions.

Finally pardon the language I got really pissed off with it, pulled the car over at the side of the road and we had words, I took another look at the engine, I sunk my foot on the accelerator and then went back to look and saw it finally!

The intercooler pipe has collapsed in on it self under load, this is the one that also connects to the turbo (left hand side) could someone please tell the part number for the hose and also if I need to check anything else when I replace it?

Thanks

Paul
img_0850.jpg

img_1163.jpg

img_1164.jpg
pauljbooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-07-19, 06:54 PM   #2

Can you post last 8 digits of your VIN so we can double check part no.

Be prepared for a nasty shock i had a similar hose burst on my 807 a good few years ago and dealer wanted over 300 for the hose. I ended up fabricating a hose from a couple of silicone elbows and pipe sections/connectors for less that 60 which was still good 80K later
Old 18-07-19, 07:29 PM   #3

That doesn't sound good, I had been looking on amazon and ebay so hopefully I wont have to pay that much

last digits 9L030629

thanks for the help

Old 18-07-19, 09:27 PM   #4

you recognise which pipe you need from this diagram??

screen-shot-07-18-19-10-24-.jpg
Old 18-07-19, 10:45 PM   #5

I would say its the no3 air hose
Old 18-07-19, 11:31 PM   #6

cheap enough 13 on fleabay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-Int...-/163639823374
Old 07-08-19, 07:00 PM   #7

Firstly I just want to say a massive thank you to you all so far, its true I don't have much knowledge to give back but anything I can do to help any off you please let me know.

So I ordered the part of ebay and went to fit it and low and behold it was too short, however I found some oil in the bottom of the pipe which god knows where I has come from as I am not burning oil through the exhast and oil level has been constant so the turbo should be fine..... well at least I think?.

I cleaned the suction hose bottom out of oil and then took off the air intake from the bottom of the inter cooler this too had a bit of oil in it, and replaced the existing hose which I know is buggered I just need to get the proper one, so im not sure if its a problem in the inter cooler or not as I know Mr clutch screwing up my oil change although they wont admit it as it was obvious that what I can only describe as the work experience lad had at least two tries to do it as he couldn't seal it properly and shot oil everywhere through the front of the engine(I still need to clean it up).

However although the car is still not right it is better than it was since cleaning the oil I have had no DPF Warnings either so small wins. I still have slow acceleration but I have acceleration, (just not brilliant) but I have noticed now I can get up to speed and then faults now don't show that I have no cruise or limit.

So if I go to activate the limiter it shows 18mph briefly and the just the dash's which flash and if I go to activate the cruise it just blinks the dash's at me and wont activate.

So my two main question is.....

Am I right in assuming that the acceleration of the car would be massively impacted by the hose not being able to pull enough o2 through to the engine and in turn that would disable the cruise and limit?

any thoughts on the oil, is it anything to worry about, since I cleaned it I haven't had anymore out off it?

As always guys I apricate your help and I am determined to crack this!
Old 07-08-19, 07:34 PM   #8

Slight oil in the pipe is fine it comes from the engine breather system which vents into turbo feed.

Heavy oil contamination could be turbo seal however if there is no significant blue smoke or high oil consumption then live with it
Old 15-08-19, 07:58 PM   #9

I'm questioning why that hose has collapsed as it has, when considering it's meant to run under positive pressure from the turbo. It seems like it's under vacuum!

I would also check the rest of the pipe work, make sure you don't have a blockage anywhere. Also check your air filter.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-08-19, 08:21 PM   #10

If it's like a 307 I looked at a while ago the hose delaminated and the boost went between the layers causing the inner section of the pipe to collapse

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in