407 rhr hdi fault codes - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-13, 08:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 407 rhr hdi fault codes

hi can any body point me in the right direction i have a 407 hdi and the car keeps going into limp mode these are the fault codes it comes up with
they are all fuel presure related,i have changed fuel filter still no difference any help i would be very grateful as i was thinking of sending it to the dealers
p0089
p1198
p0087
shaun_astra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-13, 08:54 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun_astra View Post
hi can any body point me in the right direction i have a 407 hdi and the car keeps going into limp mode these are the fault codes it comes up with
they are all fuel presure related,i have changed fuel filter still no difference any help i would be very grateful as i was thinking of sending it to the dealers
p0089
p1198
p0087
Dunno what them codes are but 2 things that are common are turbo electro. Valve and diesel pressure sensor
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-13, 09:15 PM   #3
Inactive User

well this is the description of codes that it comes up with
p0089 = fuel presure reg circuit incoherence
p1198 = fuel high presure monitoring flow regulator at max
p0087 = fuel high presure monitoring rail presure too low

this starts and runs perfect till engine man light on then in limp mode could this be high presure pump

Old 14-10-13, 03:59 PM   #4
Inactive User

what engine is in the car? what year etc.
Can you give any information as to when the fault happens and after how long you have been drivin etc??
407XJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-10-13, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun_astra View Post
p0089
p1198
p0087
I would say check wiring to diesel pressure sensor and maybe change the sensor
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-10-13, 06:47 PM   #6
Inactive User

hi its a friends of mine only just bought it but the clocks had been doctored to hide engine light and speedo wasnt working so replaced clocks to find out engine man light on and every time u reset fault codes they come back on with 1 min of driving the fuel filter was the first thing i changed but no difference it drives fine a little bit lumpy on tick over and very flat in 3rd and 4th gear when light on its a 2ltr hdi rhr engine code 2005 car 54k
Old 14-10-13, 06:52 PM   #7

Do a live data check with Planet, that might give some clue where the problem is.
Old 15-10-13, 06:34 AM   #8
Inactive User

I don't know any I near here with planet its booked in with dealer on wed to see if they can diagnose and go from there
Old 19-10-13, 06:33 PM   #9
Inactive User

hi right its been to Peugeot and the diagnosed as a faulty pressure regulator and the fuel filter bowl had iron fillings in it so needs a new filter ,so ive replaced everything they have said and still the problem is still here apart from it runs worse now and 2 of the 3 fault codes have gone but engine is still hunting on tick over and keeps cutting out am I right thinking I will be looking at new injectors and pump cos of the fillings /there is no pump in tank but have found fillings there too
Old 13-12-14, 07:33 AM   #10

Hello, i know this thread is from a long while ago but did you manage to fix these problems? I am getting the same error codes plus p1164 as well and the car keeps going into limp mode 9 out 10 times when i start the car and the 10th time it does it as soon as i move the car or go over 2000 revs.
Thank you
mk23078 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in