407 New transponder fitted, cental locking now not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-04-19, 12:04 PM   #1

Default 407 New transponder fitted, central locking now not working

I had someone as explained in my previous thread come out and fix my transponder issue.

What he did was test the current transponder and it was not picked up, so the transponder was dead.

He then coded a new transponder which is not the same as the one on the original key,
and added it through the BSI. It works great.

But now my central locking does not work, i followed the procedure whereas you need to switch on the ignition, press the lock button for 10 seconds, release it , remove the key, press the remote buttons several times, then turn on the ignition again, but it still does not work.

I also did a BSI reset and tried again, and it still does not work.

Is the cause the new transponder ? The central locking did work before.

Last edited by stan21; 18-04-19 at 02:24 PM.
stan21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-04-19, 12:13 PM   #2

There's three parts to a key. The key blade which actuates the locks. The immobiliser chip i.e the transponder and finally the remote locks circuitry. If he has replaced the key with a new circuit board, the transponder will be coded into the BSI but not the remote lock circuitry which is a separate device and hence remote central locking won't work.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-04-19, 12:53 PM   #3

The remote will not work again as the chip and remote are coded to the car when new and once coded for the first time they are married forever so he has now divorced them by fitting the replacement transponder its just 1 of the issues with peugeot keys.

ONLY fix is a complete new virgin key coded in then that remote will work but your current 1 can never work again.

Old 18-04-19, 02:29 PM   #4

wow, never knew this would be the case.

So even though before the transponder replacement, the central locking circuitry worked.
Because the old transponder was simply replaced the key circuitry is useless ?

(sorry i take it from the replies that this is what you guys are saying, it's just hard to let it sink in as it worked just fine before )

Last edited by stan21; 18-04-19 at 02:32 PM.
Old 18-04-19, 02:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGK View Post
There's three parts to a key. The key blade which actuates the locks. The immobiliser chip i.e the transponder and finally the remote locks circuitry. If he has replaced the key with a new circuit board, the transponder will be coded into the BSI but not the remote lock circuitry which is a separate device and hence remote central locking won't work.
He replaced it with the old circuit board, the transponder is new.
Old 18-04-19, 03:12 PM   #6

Thats why it wont work the transponder the remote relates to is now no longer stored in the BSI memory so neither is the remotes codes they are paired TOGETHER and only work together.

When you code the transponder ALL old codes are wiped and this includes the matching remotes as i say the remote will never work again
Old 18-04-19, 03:17 PM   #7

I have used these in the past and the good thing is once fitted it ALWAYS works even if the battery is removed etc

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...cAAOSwVL1WDiR0
Old 18-04-19, 04:22 PM   #8

Thanks for the link, i will definitely look at this.
How do you connect and program this to the BSI, does it not need to be paired with the transponder ?

I assume it's a locksmith type job, removing the door panels, and disabling the central locking in the BSI ?

When i manually lock the car with the door key, does the alarm initialize ?
i noticed when doing this, the side door mirrors is not folding in, it only folds in with the remote
Old 18-04-19, 10:06 PM   #9

Also if i want to add a new virgin key will it render the transponder that it saved in the ecu now useless ? As everytime you add a new key it deletes the old transponder in memory and makes it invalid ?
Old 19-04-19, 09:35 AM   #10
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

There are three systems in the key:
* the blade,
* the remote central locking, and
* the immobiliser.

As far as I understand it they are completely separate from eachother.

The immobiliser system is required to start the car.
When you put the key in the ignition an aerial around the ignition barrel reads the ID46 chip in the key and if it is paired to the BSI then the BSI 'unlocks' the engine ECU and allows the car to start.

Once a key has been paired to a BSI (using the 4 letter code) it cannot then be paired to an other BSI. (I have witnessed this on a 207 where we had two BSIs and three keys.)

The remote central locking is programmed by the key-in-the-ingition-and-holding-the-button procedure that you describe and which is described in the handbook.

I had only 1 key so I bought a new key off eBay. I was able to pair it to the car and thus it starts the car. However, for me too the remote central locking will not programme on the new key; both keys start the car but only one (un)locks remotely.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in