407 GT 2.7 hdi - loss of power and cutting out - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-18, 10:40 PM   #1

Default 407 GT 2.7 hdi - loss of power and cutting out

Hi all, 2 weeks ago I picked up my first Peugeot - a 407 GT. I absolutely love the car. It’s super comfy and drives like a dream. Probably one of the best cars I’ve driven.

Unfortunately I hit my first problem yesterday. I parked the car and noticed a hissing sound coming from the engine. Opened the bonnet and noticed a pipe had sprung a leak. Cool, I thought. Only thing is the pipe in under the throttle body. So I had to disconnect a few things and remove it to access the hose.

After replacing the broken hose, bleeding coolant and putting everything back together, I took her for a test drive and noticed a distinct lack of power. Like there was little boost. The car had no torque, it was revving up just not really going anywhere. It felt like a 1.6l petrol. Then it stalled as I came to the roundabout. No coughing or spluttering, just dead turned off, steering went hard. All electrics still on and fine. I tried to start it again and it cranked but wouldn’t start. Took out the key, waited a few seconds, tried again and it started. I got another half mile down the road where it just cut out again, mid driving. Then I got a warning for something to do with speed sensor/cruise control.

Anyway, I managed to get it home and thought maybe I’d just put something back wrong. So took it all off and put it all back again, double checking everything was seated and plugged in correctly. I’ve done this twice now and the problem still remains. No where else on the car was touched other than the throttle body area and a couple coolant hoses.

I’m not sure if it’s because of something I’ve done or not, because I noticed a few days before, power seemed a little lower than usual, like my remap had gone. I actually thought the remap had reset it was that noticeable. Maybe it’s related?

Will look at booking it in to have diagnostics this week at some point, but just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or suggestions as to what it could be (or what I could have done).
drummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-04-18, 07:56 PM   #2

So the car seems to be cutting out when slowing to a junction. Cut's out with no warning lights - everything on as if it was still running. Once this happens the car won't restart (just cranks) unless I remove the keys from the ignition and try again - starts up first time then.

Had a look on my generic scan tool and it didn't find any faults, but while looking at the live data, I found the MAP sensor to be reading a constant 255kpa, regardless of engine speed/throttle. Could that have anything to do with it?
Old 30-04-18, 07:36 PM   #3

perhaps look at the fuses under the bonnet - remove them one by one and refit to check for corrosion /wet fuse box etc?
neil
NeilH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-18, 10:18 PM   #4

FIXED. It was a faulty MAP sensor. I remember taking it off to clean during the coolant work, and that must have damaged the sensor inside. The sensor itself was still working, but the diaphragm inside had bust, so was stuck at one reading constantly, messing up the air/fuel ratio.

Picked up a used MAP for 20 and it's all good again. Power is back and no more cutting out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in