407 dump valve sound - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-13, 09:49 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 407 dump valve sound

Hi my 407 sw 2.0hdi has started making a sound which sounds like a dump valve, intermittently whenever i take my foot off the accelerator but only when it's been under boost and never does it if i rev it in neutral.

Performance wise it's the same as normal and no mil light or warnings have come on.

I need to find the cause as it's now drawing attention of the chav racers!

Thanks in advance
chris407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-13, 11:46 AM   #2
Inactive User

found the problem, it was back pressure causing the turbo to stall.

the cure was to drive at 70 mph in forth for 15 miles to regenerate the dpf and it's stopped making the the noise.
Lazy_Dave likes this.
chris407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-10-13, 10:59 PM   #3

Sorry to resurrect this but I see people getting hell all the time for posting already answered questions in new threads....

My 407 2.0 Hdi 136 is doing something VERY similar to this - there's a whistling noise just audible when accelerating (only when the engine is under strain, not in neutral) and then a definite dump valve sound, sometimes when I lift off, sometimes during the acceleration if I keep pushing it.

Will try to find the time to try your 70 in 4th trick tomorrow, but just wondering if it ever came back or if the problem went away. I'm actually wondering if this is causing me to see poor mpg (which would make some sense if the turbo isn't doing it's job - probably "making" me push a bit harder on the accelerator pedal).

Old 01-11-13, 08:05 AM   #4
Inactive User

Simillar problem with my 1.6hdi, small whistle on accelerate, loss of power and poor MPG.
No errors on PP2000.
Can turbocharge solenoid cause this?
1618C9 - Solenoid Turbo Pressure - Citroen Peugeot
bikus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-13, 11:52 AM   #5

I think you would get fault codes if there was problems with the solenoid or turbo vane position.
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
B1ack__Mi16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-13, 12:00 PM   #6
COLINELLIS

BIKUS have you checked your MAF is is working as i had poor mpg and loss of power couldnt even hear the turbo changed it and all is good again just a thought

Bigslavey same suggestion for you as well i suppose but then i never had the dump valve noise again just a thought.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-13, 12:26 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLINELLIS View Post
BIKUS have you checked your MAF is is working as i had poor mpg and loss of power couldnt even hear the turbo changed it and all is good again just a thought

Bigslavey same suggestion for you as well i suppose but then i never had the dump valve noise again just a thought.
MAF is 2nd thing that cross my mind. Since I don't have fault codes it would be great if someone can confirm that solenoid would cause fault codes for sure, and than I will buy MAF with great pleasure

Can I disconnect MAF and if acceleration is better than MAF it is, right?
bikus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-13, 02:15 PM   #8
COLINELLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikus View Post
MAF is 2nd thing that cross my mind. Since I don't have fault codes it would be great if someone can confirm that solenoid would cause fault codes for sure, and than I will buy MAF with great pleasure

Can I disconnect MAF and if acceleration is better than MAF it is, right?
erm think so i disconnected mine and there was no change at all except for a light on the dash
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-13, 02:48 PM   #9

A faulty MAF will bring up a P code - P0101 to P0104.

But disconnecting will bring up a fault code, so its best to get the car read before you disconnect.
Old 01-11-13, 08:11 PM   #10

Took out my K&N Panel filter and put the old standard filter back in (in case that was causing any of the noise) - took the car out this morning before work and gave it a bit of a beating - maybe 25-30 mins MAINLY above 2500 rpm - morning rush hour traffic PROBABLY isn't the best time to try to do this lol.

No difference whatsoever here - and had diagbox on the car and while there were a couple of errors, they cleared and the only one left was relating to the AUX port on the stereo (I have it enabled because diagbox was connected but still havent found the time to actually fit the AUX kit I have).

Might try again tomorrow for the 3000rpm 30 min blast.... Having said that, isn't there a way to force a regen in diagbox? Might save me a bit of diesel lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in