Peugeot Forums banner

407 Coupe - Window/Door Problem - HELP! Cant lock car!

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Tomo_23 
#1 ·
Hi all!

I gave someone a jump start last night (their car - not them!) after doing that i found that i couldn't lock the car and on the instrument cluster display it said the door was open. Looking at the window it has not gone up fully - it still works but leaves about 1cm when it's closed up to the top - even when the door is closed (as the windows are pillarless/frameless when you open the door it drops a bit and and goes up a bit when you shut it.

I have searched and searched, i have been through the manual and on servicebox but i cannot find anything to help.

I am thinking its a pressure switch (that senses when the door is open to operate the interior lights etc) has got stuck due to the cold (i'm in Germany at the moment its -6c).

The passenger side door operates perfectly.

Has anyone got any ideas how the door senses it's shut or not? I can't se the usual pressure switch that other cars have to tell the interior lights to come on when you open the door.

Or has anyone got any idea if theres a fuse thats blown somewhere?

Absolutely any help would be appreciated - i can't take the car out as it wont lock as it thinks the door is open! Arghhhhhhh!

Thanks

Owen

See less See more
#2 ·
Perhaps the battery voltage level is too low for the car to operate certain parts of the car? Have you tried plugging a battery charger onto your battery to ensure it is charged sufficiently? I know when Peugeots see the battery voltage below a certain threshold to save the battery it disables certain functions. If you are going to buy a charger I recommend you go for a multi phase one as they take better care in returning batteries properly to their correct voltage.

#4 ·
You are most likely correct about the door switch as the 406s had same system and they tended to play up sometimes

As your car still starts it is not the battery low so you need to look into the door switch it will be built into the catch inside the door

#5 · (Edited)
If you've checked out the physical sensor/lock/switch and can't see any problems when you're back from Germany you might want to try using Peugeot Planet. If your door locks using actuators it might be that it needs reprogramming/calibrating. I'm thinking back to when I was fixing a Peugeot 1007 and I saw options, admittedly they are different cars :)

#6 ·
Thanks for your replies guys - Yeah i'm certainly no expert at these things but i reckon it's something that senses that the door is shut - whether that function is built into the lock mechinism or not i'm not sure. Either way as i'm not technically familiar with the car i'm reluctant to start taking it apart. Unless someone can tell me what to do i'm going to have to take a trip to a german peugeot garage. I should get away with pointing at it, nodding and shouting "mend this!" (frankie boyle style). If i don't end up in someones basement i'll let you know how it went.:)

#9 ·
As much as i love Mr Bean (he's my role model) following his ingenuity would adversely effect the aesthetics of the car. Otherwise i would totally do it.:)

Trem1 thanks very much for your reply.

That could be the device that lowers the window a bit - but i think it would be the device that tells it to operate when the door opens/closes. I can find no door lock mechanisms on service central which is a shame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.