407 coupe TPMS - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By autocrazy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-16, 09:09 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 407 coupe TPMS

Hi

My recently purchased 407 Coupe has only 3 TPMS valves with one normal valve on its wheels. The three TPMS are also badly corroded, one on NS Front is broken so cannot inflate the tyre.

I have been contemplating whether to buy 4 new TPMS vales and install (the JLR ones same as used on Peugeot are cheap at 4 for £50). However putting new ones means they will need reprogramming. Is this a complicated process? What is reprogramming likely to cost on all 4 wheels?

Alternative is to get normal valves installed and either live with error message or get it switched off.

I guess I really need someone's help who has Peugeot Planet tool to help with either as I am no way paying stealers money for this. I live in Coventry if anyone close by is willing to help.

PS - I did use planet map and found that the Coventry member no longer has the kit and the Birmingham member has not yet responded. I am calling for any help I can get in both suggestions and with the Planet kit
autocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-03-16, 03:58 PM   #2
Inactive User

Default sorted

I got this sorted by having the TPMS turned off by a forum member 'trustme'. He is a nice guy - recommended
trem1 likes this.
autocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-03-16, 10:47 PM   #3
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

Im in Telford.
You need the codes off the sensors -- and know which wheel which sensor is in.
I have normal valves and the TPMS turned off.The TPMS stems are worryingly flimsy. I'd rather have confidence that the valves will hold the air in the tyres than be warned when it's leaked out.
rwb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in