407 coupe right front window not auto up last cm ? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-02-19, 12:00 PM   #1

Default 407 coupe right front window not auto up last cm ?

I noticed this car has a feature by where as you open the door the window lowers ins a split second by half a cm or so to clear the door seal and automatically auto extends when the door is closed.

recently i had to remove my car battery, and when i reconnected this feature no longer works, the passenger side is still doing it but not the drivers side, is there anything i can do to make it work again ?
stan21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-02-19, 01:03 PM   #2

Try a BSI Reboot. It may kick the firmware back into line. Sometimes it needs two or three attempts.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-02-19, 02:43 PM   #3

I did the reboot to try fix a gearbox error, it seems to have fixed the gearbox error but the window still is not working, am i doing this right, according to the tutorial you gave it does not specify if the boot can be open but i cannot disconnect the battery without the boot open.

Then do i need to switch on the headlights or side lights ?

someone said this :

"People worry too much about this if you DISCONNECT properly its fine its the disconnection that causes the issue after power off wait 3 mins till bsi goes to sleep change battery wait a few minutes start car job done "

Old 17-02-19, 04:37 PM   #4

It seems like the driver side door light is not working either, i can't recall if it worked or not, could it have something to do with the window dropdown ?

Last edited by stan21; 17-02-19 at 04:46 PM.
Old 17-02-19, 08:11 PM   #5

If the boot has a switch to detect that it is open, I expect the BSI will not "go to sleep". If there is such a switch, it would need to be fooled into signalling "boot closed".

If the door-operated light also does not work, it could be that the "door open" switch is defective, which could account for the window not dropping down. Usually, in Peugeots, the switch is within the door lock mechanism. Does the car normally indicate if a door is not closed when the ignition is turned on? If it does, but not the driver's door, that would confirm it.
Old 18-02-19, 01:12 AM   #6

Did you disconnect the battery with the drivers door open or closed?

Did you disconnect the battery with the drivers door glass fully down or up?
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-02-19, 05:10 AM   #7

Windows were down yes, first with only the drivers door and second with both door windows down, the doors were closed, perhaps it is the switch inside the lock ?

the car was fitted with a cd disc shuttle i'm not sure if that comes standard with this car but perhaps it wakes the BSI, if the BSI wakes does it indicate on the screen that it is on ?

But the fact that the door light does not go on perhaps means the switch is faulty.

I am going to check now if the car indicates when the door is open and will reply thanks.
Old 18-02-19, 07:32 AM   #8

On my 206, the mileage indication goes out when the BSI goes to sleep and comes on when it wakes up.
Old 18-02-19, 11:34 AM   #9

Those door lights only have a normal bulb in there, easy to remove. Check to make sure they haven't blown. Simple problems first though

Each door has it's own ECU and sometimes you need to tell it to remember where the top of the door is. Next time, you can try leaving the windows up when doing the BSI reset.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-02-19, 01:56 PM   #10

Thank you, let me try that and will report back with the result thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in