407 coupe Bonnet cable seem to have snapped - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-02-19, 01:55 PM   #1

Default 407 coupe Bonnet cable seem to have snapped

Ok it seem like i have a bigger problem now

I was told to try and open the bonnet from the outside by doing this:

remove the o/s/f indicator this can be done by putting a thin screw driver between the bonnet and wing to push the indicator release tab down. once the indicator is out of the way you can see the bonnet catch behind the headlamp use a torch to locate where the cable should be and pull the latch towards you. it should take you about 10 mins to do this

Can anyone tell me what the o/s/f undicator is and where it is located, so i can try get to the latch ?
stan21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-02-19, 03:05 PM   #2

Think you have looked at the instructions for the wrong car! The indicator is sealed within the headlamp assembly.

There should be three undertray sections underneath the car, you need to remove the first or second one on the bumber (can't remember which one exactly) then with a long rod, push the bonnet release.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-02-19, 09:26 AM   #3

Thanks i tried it as you said but it seems like the lock mechanism is sealed i cannot see it from underneath, is there anything else i could try ? or is there another way too perhaps get to the cable ?
stan21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in