407 Coupe 2.7Hdi Bumper Removal (part 2) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-14, 06:32 PM   #1

Default 407 Coupe 2.7Hdi Bumper Removal (part 2)

Second part of text: Please wait until you see my second post (to follow soon) before sending any replies, as I can only attach 5 photo per post.

I made this tool from a 5mm steel rod and ground the tip down to fit the white clips. It is some 500mm long. The top white clip is tricky to get to but it can be done, I understand the saloons only have one clip.

407_6.jpg

407_7.jpg

Next you need to pull the sides of the bumper away from the bottom of the wings. They should come out quite easily.
Then lift the black plastic radiator cover in the engine bay and with an assistant pull the bumper forward about 30mm making sure the ľ turn clips come out of the wings. I then separated the top of the bumper from the radiator cover panel, and pulled the bumper off the car.
The blue rings show the captive nut clips than hold the large Torx bolts in the first picture in this article. One was missing on my car. Make sure they are not displaced when refitting the bumper.

407_8.jpg

You can see that I have also removed the black radiator top cover, the black bracket in the centre of the picture retains this cover and is off centre on the top rail, this is the correct position. I suggest marking the position of the bracket as it fits into a recess in the bumper foam packing material.

I took my bumper off as the garage that replaced the air con condenser (under warrantee) lost the front part of the air deflection tray that fits to the bumper. You donít need to remove these 3No bolts (only 2No shown) when taking the bumper off.

407_11.jpg

Refitting is the reverse of removal. I clamped the front of black plastic radiator panel in place first making sure the bracket was in the right place. I also stuck some masking tape on the wings and head lights to protect the paint and plastic. Make sure you donít displace the captive nut clips on the top rail (by the head lights) when pushing the bumper on.

407_9.jpg

Reassembly was quite easy with an assistant. I greased all the metal fixings to prevent corrosion and aid any future dismantling.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-14, 06:52 PM   #2

Default 407 Coupe 2.7Hdi Bumper Removal (part 1)

Peugeot 407 Coupe 2.7 HDi - Bumper Removal Part 1

The Coupe bumper is similar to the saloon's but there are a few differences in the fixings used. Below is an account of how I removed mine.

Firstly loosen the wheel nuts, jack the front of the car up and support it on axle stands, and remove the wheels and the front section of the engine under tray.

I started in the engine compartment and removed the 3No (push in/screw out) pan-head plastic fixings (red rings), unscrewed and removed the 2No large torx head bolts (blue rings), and screwed out the 2No rubber bonnet height adjusters (yellow rings). Note: measure the height of the adjusters to reset when re-installing.

The black plastic radiator shield is fixed to the upper front cross member with a hidden bracket (latter photo) and the Bumper and radiator shield are interlocked together in 6No places along their length. I unclipped them with a blade of a screwdriver from underneath when I pulled the bumper forward later in the removal process.

407_1.jpg

I also released the bonnet safety latch cable from the lever (blue ring below), you could probably leave this in place if you didnít want to remove the black panel from the car. However the plastic retaining clip fell apart when I tried to press it out, so I had to replace the cable and lever, which was only £11 so it may be worth replacing it anyway at that price. Note there is no retaining bolt under the number plate on this car.
The yellow ring shows the rear bolt of the black panel retaining bracket. I removed this bolt, but Iím not sure if it is strictly necessary at this stage?

407_2.jpg

Next I moved to the wheel arches and removed the front half of the liners from both sides. These are fixed with a number of small Torx head bolts and a few plastic clips, itís quite obvious what to remove.

407_3.jpg

Inside the right hand wing disconnect the 2No electrical multi plugs (yellow ring) and the headlamp washer hose at the push fit connection (red ring).

407_4.jpg

Below is a view inside the wing. Now undo the two rearmost bumper to wing retaining bolts from their captive nuts from underneath (red rings). The 2No white plastic clips (yellow rings) need to be turned 90í until vertical. You will need to make a tool from a steel rod, see below.

407_5.jpg

further details in post below .....
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-05-16, 03:56 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB View Post
Peugeot 407 Coupe 2.7 HDi - Bumper Removal Part 1

The Coupe bumper is similar to the saloon's but there are a few differences in the fixings used. Below is an account of how I removed mine.

Firstly loosen the wheel nuts, jack the front of the car up and support it on axle stands, and remove the wheels and the front section of the engine under tray.

I started in the engine compartment and removed the 3No (push in/screw out) pan-head plastic fixings (red rings), unscrewed and removed the 2No large torx head bolts (blue rings), and screwed out the 2No rubber bonnet height adjusters (yellow rings). Note: measure the height of the adjusters to reset when re-installing.

The black plastic radiator shield is fixed to the upper front cross member with a hidden bracket (latter photo) and the Bumper and radiator shield are interlocked together in 6No places along their length. I unclipped them with a blade of a screwdriver from underneath when I pulled the bumper forward later in the removal process.

Attachment 22666

I also released the bonnet safety latch cable from the lever (blue ring below), you could probably leave this in place if you didnít want to remove the black panel from the car. However the plastic retaining clip fell apart when I tried to press it out, so I had to replace the cable and lever, which was only £11 so it may be worth replacing it anyway at that price. Note there is no retaining bolt under the number plate on this car.
The yellow ring shows the rear bolt of the black panel retaining bracket. I removed this bolt, but Iím not sure if it is strictly necessary at this stage?

Attachment 22674

Next I moved to the wheel arches and removed the front half of the liners from both sides. These are fixed with a number of small Torx head bolts and a few plastic clips, itís quite obvious what to remove.

Attachment 22682

Inside the right hand wing disconnect the 2No electrical multi plugs (yellow ring) and the headlamp washer hose at the push fit connection (red ring).

Attachment 22690

Below is a view inside the wing. Now undo the two rearmost bumper to wing retaining bolts from their captive nuts from underneath (red rings). The 2No white plastic clips (yellow rings) need to be turned 90í until vertical. You will need to make a tool from a steel rod, see below.

Attachment 22698

further details in post below .....
Hi there i have a 407 2.7 hdi can you tell me where i can get some information on how to remove the radiator PLEASE
Grantk65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-19, 07:56 PM   #4

Where was this when I wanted to remove my bumper!?

Just to add:

"Firstly loosen the wheel nuts, jack the front of the car up and support it on axle stands, and remove the wheels and the front section of the engine under tray."

You don't have to remove the wheels or even jack it up. Start the engine, put the steering lock all the way to the right which will give you access to the left hand side's wheel arch clips (and that awkward one on the right hand side behind the wheel). Rinse and repeat for the other side. I didn't even bother turning the engine off as the wheel arch clips don't take long to remove. I removed my bumper this way on the driveway and no problems.

"I started in the engine compartment and removed the 3No (push in/screw out) pan-head plastic fixings (red rings), unscrewed and removed the 2No large torx head bolts (blue rings), and screwed out the 2No rubber bonnet height adjusters (yellow rings). Note: measure the height of the adjusters to reset when re-installing. "

Atleast on my 2009 coupe which might be slightly different (but doubt it), the bonnet adjusters don't need to be removed. The top bumper cover thingy has enough flex to pull above and over.
BiGK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in