407 brake bleeding - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-13, 06:14 AM   #1
COLINELLIS

Default 407 brake bleeding

Hello Everybody!

I hope everyone had a good Easter!

Now here's my dilemma. Over the past few Months or so I have noticed that the brakes on the old girl are a bit spongy to be honest, more noticeable if I have been driving another car. As I have already replaced the front discs and pads back in the summer and the back ones are visually fine and dandy I reckon its time to change the brake fluid as she has got 152 000 miles on her. Now is there a sequence that I have to follow eg O/S Front then N/S rear etc? and has anyone used a one man brake bleeding kit as I'm looking a several on ebay and wondered what everybodies thoughts are on them. I'm only thinking of buying one as I struggle to get the wife to allow me 5 Mins to do anything never mind convince a mate to come round and pump the brakes for best part of an hour to bleed the system with me

The ones that I'm looking at are these :

Possibly lead me to use a big hammer
BRAKE BLEEDING KIT BRAKE BLEEDER KIT EASY TO USE FREE DELIVERY | eBay

Cheap Option
Easy Brake Bleeding Kit / Bleeder Tool - SAME DAY DISPATCH | eBay

Reasonable Price
Deluxe Hand Held Brake Bleeder Tester Set Bleed Kit Vacuum Pump Car Motorbike | eBay

Madly Expensive
Brake and Clutch Fluid Bleeding System Bleed Kit Sealey VS820 | eBay

Any advice will be greatly welcomed
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-13, 06:42 AM   #2

I actually prefer the ones where you add compressed air into the reservoir.
At least to me they seem a bit more effective. But of course you should use a hose and empty bottle to catch the old stuff coming out anyway

Should be normal bleeding sequence. Only if it gets totally empty you might need to do the bleeding procedure in PP2000 by activating the ABS pump etc. but shouldn't be necessary when just changing fluid.
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
B1ack__Mi16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-13, 10:20 PM   #3
COLINELLIS

Well bled the brake system and changed the fluid in the entire system I used a Vizibleed system from my local motor factor for 5.00 which is basically a bit of clear pipe and a one way valve works a treat took about 1 hour start to finish for all 4 corners while the braking is vastly improved in both feel and responsiveness they still feel pretty pants compared to other cars like my wife's 2007 Passat but hey ho that seems to be the norm.

Just incase anyone's wants to see here is the yucky state of my fluid so I think it was over due a change!
Attached Thumbnails
imag0938.jpg   imag0939.jpg  

Old 09-04-13, 07:42 AM   #4
davidireland

No tools needed. Open each nipple, put latex gloved finger over open nipple and get someone to pump the pedal up and down ten to fifteen times each corner. Topping up between each corner. Make sure finger is pressed onto the open nipple so no air gets sucked it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in