407 2ltr hdi particle filter additive toping up - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-12, 11:06 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 407 2ltr hdi particle filter additive toping up

Good Morning,
I found this website very helpful and appreciate every advise that i got. I have puegeot 407 2 ltr and message coming ''particle additive fluid level too low''.Can any one kindly give me step by step instructions how to top it up.I know it is dangerous and corrosive but i will take all precautionary measures before doing it.As it only requires topping up and i am totally ''zero'' in knowledge about cars.I would appreciate that you use as simple terms as possible.I will arrange eloys fluid my self (unless you can advise where i can get cheapest) also how many litres and which exactly type i require.I am just trying to summarise my question to the point and any extra information will also be great.Please respond as soon as possible.
I checked with pug dealers and one is charging 250(only topping up and reseting) and other one is 350.I did not go in detail because i cannot afford it.
Regards,
Abo
abbottonian2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-12, 11:49 AM   #2
jmkent

Firstly, try another garage - my dealer topped up and reset for 140, and when the cost of the fluid is approaching 100, this was a good price
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-12, 10:28 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
Firstly, try another garage - my dealer topped up and reset for 140, and when the cost of the fluid is approaching 100, this was a good price
Where is this system on the car, is there anything you need to do to it when you service the car. Thanks
bikesforme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-12, 10:40 AM   #4
jmkent

The additive tank is located just in front of the rear n/s wheel, basically under the seat, but from underneath the car. Nothing needs doing to it until approx 80k miles when the service schedule recommends topping it up.
Old 04-02-12, 11:03 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
The additive tank is located just in front of the rear n/s wheel, basically under the seat, but from underneath the car. Nothing needs doing to it until approx 80k miles when the service schedule recommends topping it up.
My car is showing 143k
Old 04-02-12, 01:31 PM   #6
jmkent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesforme View Post
My car is showing 143k
If you haven't long had it, you might find the previous owner had it done - I doubt it would have lasted this long without a top-up
Old 04-02-12, 01:56 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
If you haven't long had it, you might find the previous owner had it done - I doubt it would have lasted this long without a top-up
Should of asked him, he spent a lot on it at main dealers. Been searching the web about dpf and it seems a bad thing. I do mainly short trips and the aa say dont buy a car with dpf if you do short trips. It seems a exspensive restriction and if i had 400 i think i would have it removed and my ecu remapped.
Old 04-02-12, 02:42 PM   #8
Inactive User

Default thanks

Ok appreciate all the advise, your suggetions worked
After 1st reply i searched all local garages in wycombe and in 4th try got it done
they 1st quoted 85 for topup 50 eolys and 25 labour
but ended up paying 94 with VAT.
Just for people who trying to sort this prob. best advise is to ring garage before booking apointment and ask for quotation. to make it easier for some one who dont know and is getting particle additive level too low message should ring them and ask ''my eolys fluid needs topping up and reset'' give car reg and they should be able to answer straight way if they have done it before.I paid 54 for diagnostics and reset after that .
The msg went off at once. In total for toping up and reset i paid 150 approx.
If any one in High Wycombe needs guidance feel free to post and i can give garage name. Note : I felt garage is not 100% reliable I got few other probs with car abs/esp lights but i would not go back to them. For this specific job of eolys i am satisfied with their service. but any extras they try to add on when you go to collect just ignore it and get second advise.
Thank you,
Aboo
abbottonian2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-13, 12:04 PM   #9
Inactive User

please can you give me details of that garage in High-Wycomb. I' ve filled up the additive tank with Eloy but massage still appears FAP Additive Level too low.
thanks
ikaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-02-13, 10:39 PM   #10
Inactive User

I've just today bought a 407. i was thinking of checking this fluid level (amogst other things) soonish. i was just wondering, if i top up the fluid myself, before the warning comes on, will it trigger the warning?...basically, im looking to avoid having to pay to get the fault code cleared.
Moley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in