407 2006 sw not moving!!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-17, 02:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 407 2006 sw not moving!!!

I was driving when all of a sudden the blowers of a/c stopped working.I tried to switch it on but failed.Then i went to the garage and they told the contacts were broken and they fixed it(this the garage i normally go to and they fix a lot of peugeots but my 407 sw is their first).
Then the time came for me to leave,I put the car in reverse but it did not move,the display showed it still in parking gear and a warning came saying''ESP system faulty''

REQUIRE IMMEDIATE HELP!!since the garage people are dumbfounded but this occurence and are clueless on what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chandrani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-17, 02:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrani View Post
I was driving when all of a sudden the blowers of a/c stopped working.I tried to switch it on but failed.Then i went to the garage and they told the contacts were broken and they fixed it(this the garage i normally go to and they fix a lot of peugeots but my 407 sw is their first).
Then the time came for me to leave,I put the car in reverse but it did not move,the display showed it still in parking gear and a warning came saying''ESP system faulty''

REQUIRE IMMEDIATE HELP!!since the garage people are dumbfounded but this occurence and are clueless on what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whats the voltage of the battery before starting, while starting and after starting
Old 09-02-17, 02:55 PM   #3
Inactive User

Dont know, didnt check.
But question,whats the voltage of the battery get to do with this?

Old 09-02-17, 03:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Dont know, didnt check.
But question,whats the voltage of the battery get to do with this?
if the battery is on its last legs it can cause all sorts of wired electrical problems and it may be whats causing your problem

it costs nothing to test a battery so it would be the first thing i check, if the garage does not know how to fix a car then i would not be using them simples
Old 09-02-17, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
This garage is my usual garage,and by the way i live in sri lanka which is not very familiar with peugeots.Without this garage i dont think my car will run.
if you could check the voltages then give us an update
Old 09-02-17, 04:43 PM   #6
Inactive User

ok i will but it would be tomarrow
Old 09-02-17, 06:06 PM   #7

A peugeot is no different to a ford or a vauxhall or a lada or a ferrari they all work or dont work in the same basic ways modern cars are all made very similar using the same basic components and systems.

I agree sounds like you have electrical gremlins and the battery could possibly be the culprit
Old 11-02-17, 03:15 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
A peugeot is no different to a ford or a vauxhall or a lada or a ferrari they all work or dont work in the same basic ways modern cars are all made very similar using the same basic components and systems.

I agree sounds like you have electrical gremlins and the battery could possibly be the culprit
Seems it was not the battery
It was a wiring problem.
I bought this car second hand.In the relay circuit box you can see some wires ave been cut and this causes the possible problem of more electrical issues related with the fog and rear lights.The garage is now trying to fix the whole wiring.The relay circuit cannot be tampered with as it is sealed.Getting a new one can cost a lot of money in my country and is hard to find.

Moreover,whenever i put the car into drive or reverse and brake,the who car starts vibrating.(require solution for the problem)

And whenever i brake hard,a grinding noise comes possibly from the front.THis occurs only when braking hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in