407 2.0 hdi sutomatic esp fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-12-16, 07:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 407 2.0 hdi sutomatic esp fault

Hi everyone. ? have a 407 2.0 hdi automatic. And the other day in rush traffic, aim of the road was down inclined. And after 10 or 15 minutes continue with stopping and moving meter by meter, i suddenly moved with full throttle and stopped again quickly with brake. After that esp asr system fault appeared on the screen. ? switched gearbox from D to P position and gearbox locked itself in P position and i could not move it until i stopped the engine and started again. And following the esp fault, cruise control system fault appeared.
This problem occured only two times for the last 5 months and never happened again.
Awaiting your answers
Thanks
Freddie82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-12-16, 06:31 PM   #2
Inactive User

Mine is a manual but a similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. The wife always leaves my car in gear if she uses it and parks it up and I dont always check when I jump in. As was the case then, I turned the key with it in gear. Obviously it stalled instantly, so I knocked it into neutral then turned the key again. IShe fired up OK but imediately the ESP failure warning came on, qucikly followed by 'Speed control failure' which turned out to be the cruise control and then 'Depolluion system failure'! I drove off in it anyway and when I got it on the straight I tried the cruise control - but it wouldnt work. I got to my destinatination and parked her up. I retuned 15 minutes later, turned the key, NO warning lights whatsoever and everything operating normally.
Explain that!
Martyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in