2007 Coupe RT3 instead of RT4!? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-13, 05:06 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 2007 Coupe RT3 instead of RT4!?

Hi All,
This doesn't have much of a point, really just a small rant or a search for answers!

When I purchased my 407 Coupe, it didn't come with any handbook or manual for the centre console... so I used the "My Peugeot" website to download the PDFs for the "RT4 GPS AUDIO/TELEPHONE". Whilst looking through the downloadeed PDFs I found that none of the images matched my cars HUD, but I just assumed that it had never been updated with the latest software and that maybe I could do that myself.

After looking around on various websites today, GPSunderground mainly, I found the software update for the RT4 and proceeded to attempt to update it, but it wouldn't work. So I searched and searched for the correct software, trying different types of discs and downloads with no results, the system just wouldn't read the software update I was feeding it.

Whilst I was looking through the different bits of paperwork I do have for this car, I looked at the Sat Nav Map discs and noticed that the disc I was using was for the RT3. So I double checked on the back of the map disc box and it says that the RT3 was only in use until November 2006 for the 407 and I confirmed this on the 'My Peugeot Servicebox', my car was registered in January 2007, so it should have had the RT4!!! I feel robbed! Why would my 2007 car not have the correct equipment?

So now I'm a little confused, as I was convinced I had an RT4 and I'm wondering what the difference is between RT3 and the RT4, I assume I am missing the HDD? As I have to keep the Sat Nav discs inside the front CD player at all times. Is there anything else that is missing, as looking at pictures of the physical RT4 unit (not the software) everything looks exactly the same as mine!

Either way I updated the software on the RT3 to 6.63 and it updated with no problems, appears to have had absolutely no effect on the software, except it has some different numbers next to the software type, yay!

Rant over.

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-13, 05:12 PM   #2

First registered in Jan 2007 is when the first owner actually bought the car - it's entirely possible that it was built a few months before this date, in fact it's very probable - cars are built, then sit in the factory car park for a bit, then get shipped to a distribution centre, where again they sit for a bit, sometimes until someone actually orders one, then its sent to the dealership who, if they don't already have it sold, may also end up with the car for weeks or even months....

I wouldn't say 3 months between the car leaving the factory and arriving in a customers care is that long...
Old 04-04-13, 05:20 PM   #3
Inactive User

Yea Bigslavey, you are most probably right, I did guess something along those lines, but had nobody to moan to about it, so thought I'd increase my post count with a moan on here instead!

I can't find any information on the differences between RT3 and RT4, does anyone have a link to that kind of information? I have searched and trawled through a fair bit of text with no luck.

Old 05-04-13, 02:45 PM   #4
Inactive User

Happens all the time, as said the car probably sat in the showroom for 2 years (most coupes did on release) then got registered.
Main differences between RT3 & RT4 are the higher resolution screen on the RT4, HDD for your music, 3D mapping and radar recognition/warnings.
Old 05-04-13, 05:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulus View Post
Yea Bigslavey, you are most probably right, I did guess something along those lines, but had nobody to moan to about it, so thought I'd increase my post count with a moan on here instead!

I can't find any information on the differences between RT3 and RT4, does anyone have a link to that kind of information? I have searched and trawled through a fair bit of text with no luck.

This was the offical RT3 user manual which i found a while ago for my 307 RT3 it may help

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve16...-4_english.pdf
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in