2005 407 hdi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-11-15, 09:14 PM   #1
Inactive User

Talking 2005 407 hdi dpf issues

hi all im just new to the forum and find it really helpful and rite at the min im in a few diffs i bought a 2005 407 2.0 hdi that has just passed mot / has new tyres/battery/disks /pads/ and a good service history with 102k on the clock all this for 400 quid and i mean this car looks like 2014 but the reason that i got it so cheap is mil light on with def fault on dash(when it works usually when its cold car is in limp mode with no power. i have read fault codes with delphi software as follows p1457 p13151 p0299 one of the fault codes is dpf absent so im thinking either some clown has taken dpf out or pipes clogged or the sensor is up the left which i have heard it is around the battery some were i propose first chk that there is a dpf and then work on pipework and sensor i think the other fault codes which are turbo boost related are coming from this but thought to start on the fault that is up on the dash first the car drives like new but just has no boost please can any one keep me rite on this as i am a bit lost as this is the first pug i have owned thanks bob

Last edited by bob cr; 13-11-15 at 09:57 PM. Reason: more info
bob cr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-11-15, 10:15 PM   #2

No expert but I think 1457 and 0299 is to do with Vacuum and turbo boost. and I think the turbo boost is controlled by vacuum , might not be very accessible but try and find the rubber vacuum pipes from the turbo to a solenoid mounted somewhere on the forward facing engine block , check for any damage or obvious leaks , there is a vacuum pump fitted but if that has failed I think you would noticed it on the brakes . I'm sure someone will be along with more positive help than I am able to give but I think I might be pointing you in the right direction for now.
roybach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-11-15, 08:36 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default 407 dpf fault

thanks for that maybe the fault lies with turbo vac pipes or sensor at front of engine and the dpf isnt the cause of lack of boost i have a 2 post lift so il get her up and have a look problem is i had a clio in and was changing the head gasket and broke 2 head bolts i think i can get the die grinder in to buff the rest of the bolt head of if it wasnt for bad luck id have no luck at all

Old 15-11-15, 08:41 AM   #4

i would recommend getting it on planet have a read of this especially point 8 https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...members-83170/
Old 15-11-15, 09:02 PM   #5
Inactive User

Ta for that i didn't no that and i suppose i worked a lot on range rover using dealer computer and you can do a lot more with this sort of kit if i get a min next week il pop to the local dealer i think they charge 35 plus vat for a plugin i suppose its better than chasing your tale
Old 15-11-15, 09:32 PM   #6
Ginger Magic

Before you do, do 20 posts here - https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...fore-pm-72601/

Once this is done you will then be allowed to send a PM to members on here that use Planet, and they could do a diagnostic for beer tokens....

Here is the map - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...o.kmA902W5aW7Y and if you add your location to your profile on the left, maybe someone will come to your aid

35 +VAT is fairly reasonable, but for 70 you can buy the equipment to do it yourself, whilst conveniently staying at home
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-11-15, 09:56 PM   #7
Inactive User

thanks for that ginger i do have a delphi system and its not bad but ur right best have the rite gear dose planet load to a lap top or is it a stand alone unit must have a look at the map to c if there is anyone near me im at a bit of a disadvantage as i live in northern ireland
Old 15-11-15, 10:04 PM   #8
Inactive User

here ginger your rite looked at the map and there is a guy 5 miles from me worth a look up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in