2005 407 2.0 HDI Turbo issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-13, 08:25 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 2005 407 2.0 HDI Turbo issue

Hi All,

I have a very peculiar turbo issue I would be very pleased to resolve!

The symptoms are:
Start car, accelerating through 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears no problem. When I shift to 4th and get to 60-65mph the turbo cuts out! From then on the turbo appears to be switched off in all gears and at all speeds until I turn the car off and back on again. Once I have restarted, the same problem starts again. Even more odd is that I can accelerate past 60-65mph if I leave the car in 3rd and pretty much as soon as I shift to 4th it cuts out. Please tell me this is an easy fix!

Thanks in advance.
Nomski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-13, 11:18 AM   #2
Inactive User

fault code and diagnostic done?we are not seers
Old 10-02-13, 11:38 AM   #3
Inactive User

Not yet. It only happened last night and nowhere is open yet as its a Sunday. I was also hoping there might be a way to trouble shoot before parting with any cash in case it's easy.

Old 10-02-13, 03:28 PM   #4
Inactive User

Ok, I've managed to get the car fault code. It is P2562 which as I understand it is the turbo boost sensor. Is that correct? If so, what would happen if i took the sensor out and ran the car without it? Would it just run in a limp mode or would it run as normal thus eliminating the sensor as the issue? Also, would removing and cleaning the sensor be a worthwhile experiment?

So gutted about this.
Old 10-02-13, 04:05 PM   #5
davidireland

Default Re: 2005 407 2.0 HDI Turbo issue

Check all the vacuum circuit. Get the car onto Peugeot diagnostic at your dealer. This should be fixed quite quickly. There is alot of software updates available for the 2.0hdi that cure alot of problems especially with the.egr and air circuit.

Sent from my GT-S5690
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-13, 01:18 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default Turbo Issue

I have had this issue for some time, as i live on an Island it is not a major issue as it rarely happens. It is however, annoying and I can make it fail. Mine always tends to go when in 4th gear and when at the lower end of accelleration but I cannot confirm it is only when in 4th. Does anyone know the cause/fix for this? Is it just a sensor?
ttpicasso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-13, 03:16 PM   #7

If the sensor is removed you would have no boost ever!

A fault code does not tell you what part is faulty it tells you what part is seeing a problem as david says vacuum could be the problem you need someone who knows what they are doing.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-13, 01:01 PM   #8
Inactive User

I had an issue exactly like this, see this post (last 4 posts or so):

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...tml#post137773

Last post I did has a picture of where the sensors are. I replaced the front one and my issue went away. I think they were less than 40 from the dealers so may be worth a try
Slats is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-02-15, 12:02 PM   #9
Inactive User

Default Update

Apparently, this is a design fault with the Turbo actuator. Water runs down the unit and into the actuator and this is what causes the turbo to fail when "stressed" in general use. I had mine replaced at a cost of around 540 and all is now fine.
ttpicasso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-02-15, 11:33 PM   #10
Inactive User

Originally Posted by mr_rusty View Post
I think I have found it .
Is it the triangle shaped thing on top of the turbo ?
Seems like a bit of a pigs ear to get to .
Can I clean it with some Valvoline turbo cleaner ?
A friend reckons he puts this into his air intake to clean his turbo but that sounds a bit dodgy to me
Ive just had exactley the same problem and faults on mine, tried all the usual cleaners etc, in the intake, in the fuel, cleaned the egr etc etc

mine was the copy position sensor ( the triangular thing you mentioned) its a bit of a pig to get off, you'll nee wither a right angled screwdriver or a stubby no2 pozi/phillips, lean in either from the driver wings or put a mat on the radiator bulkhead and kneel there!!

Take the sensor off and bin the screws, they're crap and you'll probably round them off getting them off, i think i had to resort to a mini set of mole-grips but persevere because they will come off.

Pug don't sell the sensor only the actuator at 600 odd quid, i bought mine from Midland turbo and I've only just thrown the box away with the part number on it.

it was 85 quid delivered and is a direct replacement i spoke to Michael Sargeant and he was very helpful.

they will need your reg and vin to get the part but as long as its the triangular one it should be fine.

I changed the screws for allen headed screws so i could easily tighten them and refitting was about 5 minutes rather then the 40 it took me to get it off!!

both my fault codes were then cleared and have stayed cleared and my turbo sings like the proverbial fat lady and it now goes like a train again

let me know if you need any other details.

Gaz
fhmboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in