2.0 hdi weird issue - stops suddenly and can start after 5 mins - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-18, 10:13 PM   #1

Default 2.0 hdi weird issue - stops suddenly and can start after 5 mins

Hello,

I have a weird issue on my 407 that has happened 4 times in last 2 years. Suddenly white driving the car would completely stop and would not start.

However, after 5 minutes, the car would start. Out of 4 times in last two years, 2 times has been in past 1 month. I am very worried and no longer take the car out in case it stops again and I am unable to start it. If I take it to a garage, they are unable to check anything because the car works at the time.

I have a warning light that says "DPF additive too low". A year earlier I had someone fill in 1 litre of the additive but being a local garage, he didnt know how to reset the warning sign.

Any clue on this would be helpful.
gatoradelove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-18, 09:16 AM   #2

Inspect wiring to pressure sensor on common rail you need yo do this very carefully
Old 04-06-18, 10:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoradelove View Post
Hello,

I have a warning light that says "DPF additive too low". A year earlier I had someone fill in 1 litre of the additive but being a local garage, he didnt know how to reset the warning sign.

So you've been driving around for a year with a DPF warning light on??

Fluid levels are reset through Peugeot Planet.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-18, 11:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Hello,

I have a weird issue on my 407 that has happened 4 times in last 2 years. Suddenly white driving the car would completely stop and would not start.

However, after 5 minutes, the car would start. Out of 4 times in last two years, 2 times has been in past 1 month. I am very worried and no longer take the car out in case it stops again and I am unable to start it. If I take it to a garage, they are unable to check anything because the car works at the time.

You need to plug in a planet or lexia kit. They are cheap and a must have for any peogeot owner. Read all fault codes first.

It could be a host of issues. common ones could be cam sensor/crank sensor, fuel regulator, or a variety of other faults. once you read all fault codes i can advise more.
aneesh84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-18, 07:36 AM   #5

You need to find someone who knows what they are doing filling the fluid and not resetting the counter means the car would not have been regenerating properly as unless counters are reset it still sees an empty tank !

This in turn can lead to the DPF getting clogged up and causing no end of issues including random cutting out turbo failure engine runaway can then be a possibility leading to a dead engine

Get it looked at pronto and fix it properly or you will be yet another who gives peugeot a bad name when infact the lack of maintainance is the real issue !
Old 08-06-18, 10:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Hello,

This sounds very much like a problem I had (except I have no issues with the additive). If you read my thread you may or may not find things in common. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ng-out-322169/
As for me, I got the codes read with nothing remarkable coming of that. The problem has gone away as mysteriously as it came. I'm keen to know if you find any smoking gun.
michaelk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in