1.6HDI wont start after injector seal replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-16, 10:32 AM   #1

Default 1.6HDI wont start after injector seal replacement

Hi All

I have replaced the injector seal of my 1.6HDI, they where causing the usual problems with combustion leakage.

I disassembled it more than a week ago and mounted everything yesterday so high pressure line and return lines was left open.

I belive I put everything back in the right place but something went wrong, it wont start.

I had the top off the 2 injectors (1 and 2) and used the tool for retracting the injectors, and I have NOT lost the 2 small cylindrical parts from the injectors and I believe I have assembled the injectors right:
1. The threaded HEX part is screwed in with the flat part up, this might be wrong but I think it is the right way.
2. The washer and the "plate" with the hole in the middle are mounted in this order.
3. The tiny cylinder is mounted in the hole, flat side up, and it is mounted together with the "plate" with the tap that fits in the whole of #2.
Sorry for the poor description.

I first tried to get it started without priming the fuel system because I could not find the primer pump and several places on the internet it was mentioned that there was no primer pump.

I probably turned the engine in total 2 minutes (4x½min) during the day yesterday before I primed it yesterday evening, when primed, it almost started (I was standing outside in the cold/rain in my t-shirt, could not wait to prime and test) so I decided to wait for today and prime some more and expected it to start but it refuses to run.

I tested with PP2000 and the fuel pressure is 16Bar which I believe is way too low, yesterday when it almost started the pressure was between 32 and approx. 60Bar but I believe it should be in the range of 250Bar or something?

Any thing I can do, any advice will be appreciated ?
Attached Thumbnails
20160306_114143.jpg  
12345pj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-16, 11:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345pj View Post
Hi All

I have replaced the injector seal of my 1.6HDI, they where causing the usual problems with combustion leakage.

I disassembled it more than a week ago and mounted everything yesterday so high pressure line and return lines was left open.

I belive I put everything back in the right place but something went wrong, it wont start.

I had the top off the 2 injectors (1 and 2) and used the tool for retracting the injectors, and I have NOT lost the 2 small cylindrical parts from the injectors and I believe I have assembled the injectors right:
1. The threaded HEX part is screwed in with the flat part up, this might be wrong but I think it is the right way.
2. The washer and the "plate" with the hole in the middle are mounted in this order.
3. The tiny cylinder is mounted in the hole, flat side up, and it is mounted together with the "plate" with the tap that fits in the whole of #2.
Sorry for the poor description.

I first tried to get it started without priming the fuel system because I could not find the primer pump and several places on the internet it was mentioned that there was no primer pump.

I probably turned the engine in total 2 minutes (4x½min) during the day yesterday before I primed it yesterday evening, when primed, it almost started (I was standing outside in the cold/rain in my t-shirt, could not wait to prime and test) so I decided to wait for today and prime some more and expected it to start but it refuses to run.

I tested with PP2000 and the fuel pressure is 16Bar which I believe is way too low, yesterday when it almost started the pressure was between 32 and approx. 60Bar but I believe it should be in the range of 250Bar or something?

Any thing I can do, any advice will be appreciated ?
sounds like you have a leak on high pressure fuel rail or a bad connecat on the pressure sensor

the car needs over 200bar to start
Old 06-03-16, 11:58 AM   #3

Can anyone confirm from the attached image that the high pressure side is reading 16Bar max ?

I expect the pressure regulator to behave ok, the car was running fine before I replaced the injector seals.

I am also assuming that it is most likely that there is a leakage in the high pressure side and I am considering if I could have assembled the injectors wrong, I will try to investigate but I really need to get some drawings/images of the injectors "inside", only the top of the injectors was disassembled.

I have been lokking for fuel leakages visually but cannot find any.

Anyone has some pictures/drawings of the top inside of the injectors they can share ?

How much fuel can it leak in 20 seconds if there is a massive leakage in the high pressure part ?

Last edited by 12345pj; 06-03-16 at 12:02 PM.

Old 06-03-16, 12:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345pj View Post
How much fuel can it leak in 20 seconds if there is a massive leakage in the high pressure part ?
none because it will do what its doing now and shut fuel off
Old 13-03-16, 04:03 PM   #5

I believe I have located the faulty component, injector 1 does not "return" any fuel at the top of the injector as injectors 2-4 does and it looked wet when I had them removed.
I checked that the injectors were assembled correctly, unfortunately I had not assembled injectors 1 and 2 correctly, only these 2 were taken appart because I had to "pull" them out with the "puller" tool (sorry I am not english so I do not know the correct name).

Please let me know if you believe my conclusion is right or wrong ?

Only the top was taken off and 6 other small parts including the "Nut" with thread on the outside, this was where the puller tool was attached to the injectors.

Last edited by 12345pj; 13-03-16 at 04:07 PM.
Old 23-02-19, 07:46 PM   #6

Hi did you manage to find the problem as I have got the exact same scenario?.
1332ataylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in