1.6hdi wont rev over 2000 rpm - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-12-15, 12:51 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 1.6hdi wont rev over 2000 rpm

407 1.6hdi 06 plate 73k on the clock.
I'm new to the forum so hope this helps me out as I'm a bit lost as what to try next.
first a brief history.
car was running fine then suddenly cut out repeated that a couple of times then drove 40 miles home then cut out less than a mile away from home and would not start, checked on diagnostic and no codes. so serviced it and replaced fuel filter. started and worked for 650 miles (no issues) then started again misfire and then stopped again this time with IAT temp sensor open/short fault (P1113) and fuel low pressure (P0087) replaced sensor drove home. tested it on drive and starts and runs but if you go over 2000 rpm it misfires and if you increase revs it packs up. I recorded the fuel rail pressure and it seemed fine.
the only thing I have noticed is the hot air dosing valve is whining all the time and carries when you turn off ignition. I'm not sure where to go now, it feels like an emission problem or maybe contaminated fuel. I did replace the glow plugs as 3 off them were out, but still misbehaves. can anyone help???
Gandalf66 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-12-15, 01:53 PM   #2

Blocked cat/dpf leaking fuel feed pipes bad injector stuck open EGR DPF fluid empty is a possibility at that mileage could also be a stuffed turbo remove the intake and check impellers for play or damage

The list is endless
Old 14-12-15, 04:22 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default wont rev over 2000rpm

I have checked the turbo blades and there is a very tiny side movement but runs fine (no noise etc.) I don't have planet to check whether it is providing correct boost. I am guessing the DPF could be clogged as it had 3 glow plugs out so wouldn't be able to recharge. it had a new clutch and flywheel not long ago and they didn't fit the exhaust back properly which didn't do it any favours either. not sure why it says the IAT sensor is open/shorted (p1113) though. it is not throwing any other codes though.

Old 14-12-15, 04:33 PM   #4

Ok turbo probably ok then but could still have sticky vanes
Inlet air temp sensor is in the airflow meter and they can get bad connections at plug try running it with airflow meter unplugged see if it helps but my guess is clogged DPF/CAT
Old 14-12-15, 04:59 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default cant rev over 2000 rpm

ok will give it a go tonight and see if it sorts its.

one thing that does bug me though as I try to bleed the fuel filter I cannot get any fuel/water from the drain pipe. should it just drain when you open the tap on the top?

all it does is open the fuel line to air and nothing comes out of the pipe!!
Old 14-12-15, 05:03 PM   #6

If it runs there is no need to bleed the filter dont give yourself more potential problems
Old 14-12-15, 10:16 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default wont rev over 2000 rpm

disconnected the temp probe starts ok, diagnostics gave a -40 degs c run slightly uneven but cleared could rev up to 3000 rpm seemed to be struggling using too must throttle to get there. i reconnected the probe but still managed to get up to 3000 rpm. Run a trace on the pressure rail sensor gave odd spikes at top limit but otherwise ok. There was an odd knock which didn't sound good but a otherwise ticked over normal. odd only code was pending temperature sensor high (P0089)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in