Yet Another immobiliser problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-15, 04:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Yet Another immobiliser problem

Sorry if this is a repeat of previous postings, I did search and I cannot seem to find the answer.

I've recently purchased an 02 406 110HDI exec. It very quickly developed a water problem in the footwell which due to corrosion drained the battery. This in turn corrupted the BSI and it developed an anti-theft fault.

I have fixed the cabling, and I hope the water ingress too. I have purchased a PP2000 system and the damned keycode (twice)

So when trying to re-code the keys that used to work prior to this happening (which are the 2 button type) I get prompted to press the unlock button, and remove/insert into ignition but during the learning phase I get 'key 1 identifier invalid'.

I used to be able to start the car by pulling the battery and reconnecting with the key in the ignition, but since I've fixed the cabling that seems impossible.

So my question is about the invalid identifier, does that mean that I'm using the wrong keycode in PP2000? if it is, does anyone know of someone who will either reset or clear the code?

BSI : 9646023380 Valeo CD4 ver C. HW 2 SW 3.23
Bosch ECU : 96 423 018 80
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-15, 06:02 PM   #2
Ginger Magic

Hi, you are using the right PIN code or you wouldn't get to the screen on PP2000 telling you to insert key one.

Have you tried the other key first, I believe one key is the master key, the other is a slave key - but I'm sure when I did mine it didn't matter which key was inserted first..

Which heading are you using under PP2000, I think I used 'replacement parts' but when I did I somehow buggered up the remote locking....

Have you always had to start the car by disconnecting the battery? Maybe you have a transponder ring issue...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-15, 07:48 PM   #3
Inactive User

The reason I ordered 2 codes was because I tried the correct code and a code I made up and I got the same message.

I think the transponder *should* be working as it recognises the button press during the learning process.

The car used to work perfectly normally until the wetness took hold. the only reason I went to fix the problem is because the lights had a mind of their own, along with the fuel guage and I couldn't turn off the wipers.

I went into the BSI, and then learning to program the keys. I followed the wizard. After 3 successive failures the BSI locks out for 15 mins.

Any idea what peugeot would charge for a new BSI?

Old 10-05-15, 08:22 PM   #4
Ginger Magic

Lots.....

I'm not sure what else to suggest, and going to Peugeot would be a last resort for financial reasons.

You can buy new ID46 chips on eBay for 5, New Virgin ID46 Transponder Chip for Peugeot Citroen | eBay so maybe do the same process but with the new blank chips in the keys instead, worth a punt...

Try the replacement parts heading on the second page of PP2000, after selecting the Peugeot Planet Diagnostics page.
Old 10-05-15, 10:06 PM   #5
Inactive User

thats not the same transponder. Mine is like :

CITROEN C1 C2 C3 C4 XSARA SAXO REMOTE ALARM KEY FOB CIRCUIT BOARD PN. 73373067B | eBay

can I use the other transponder on my car?
Old 10-05-15, 10:33 PM   #6
Ginger Magic

The link you posted is the PCB, the transponder chip should be safely* tucked away in the top corner of the key case, like in my link...
Old 10-05-15, 10:44 PM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks, I've just worked that out . wow I feel stupid.

At least I've got hope, I'll purchase a couple of transponders and give it a shot.

I'll update as soon as I know more.
Old 10-05-15, 10:52 PM   #8
Ginger Magic

Cool
Old 10-05-15, 11:19 PM   #9

It does not sound like you are doing the coding right as the button pressing is for the REMOTE only nothing to do with the starting.
Old 11-05-15, 12:21 AM   #10
Inactive User

I was going to specific Ecu, BSI, configuration (I think) then learning. It asks to put key in ignition, and press unlock. Remove key. Then re-insert the key. On re-insertion it says learning key then errors with key invalid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in