Peugeot Forums banner

Pp2000 fault codes, air con and airbag

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Wdavies 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Looking for a bit of guidance. Just got a 406 hdi executive off my mum. Been in family since nearly new.
The car is a 2001 110hp dw10 rhz.
The air con hasn't working in ages, has gas in.
I have hooked it up to Pp2000 and comes back with a few codes. One which is random.
Ext temp sensor intermittent fault (this is in bumper?)
Evaporation temp sensor intermittent fault.
Vehicle speed sensor incorrect value (Wtf????)

Also have a bsi fault of no comms to data wire (please help!)
Passenger airbag module trigger open circuit(is this the famous soldering job) which only came up after I fitted original stereo back in!

Also it shows an earth fault on glow plug relay.

So with all these random faults, there were more but relating to stereo and associated parts which are due to have not been fitted.

It's really only the bsi that I'm baffled with and the speed sensor issue being read from air con ecu.

Any advise, light shed on any of these if they have come up before.

Car suffered with blocked drains soaked carpets and bad earth's from battery to body each are sorted.
Now runs fine apart from being a little smokey from unburnt fuel.

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
Aircon speed sensor is because it wants to know the car is moving to allow for temp change as moving car needs less help than stationary car.

external temp sensor again it needs this info to compare with internal sensor

Its probably a wiring issue are the cooling fans coming on when you ask for aircon as these also need to work.

#3 ·
Nowt happens.
The light is on but no one's home.
Pump won't engage at all. But it's not seized yet and if I rotate it ou can feel compression from gas in system, and it was filled up by peugeot.

So, press the light.
The light lights up.
Nothing works.
The speed sensor maybe due replacement as over 50 mph the needle fluctuates.

That's first on the list after the airbag gremlin.

Thanks

#4 ·
Update;
Airbag light fixed.
Pulled up carpet drivers side. Small swimming pool under carpet and really black looking connectors.
Plan on cleaning them up and re fitting.

Fault code from planet so far left;
No comms data bar wire- bsi- permanent
No comms data bar wire- dash - permanent

Can anyone please confirm to me if the data wire, data bar or that reference is to do with the vehicle area network?

The car is a d9.

Could these faults all be wiring or am I going to end up with a new bsi?

Just to re cap, faults left above plus no air con and the auto fan does not work.
In the heater control panel if you switch on air con and auto fan the fan stays on low and the air con doesn't click in. No relay sound, apparantly no power. The only faults coming up through planet in that area is no comms with the stereo, which now won't chat with the car. Boot changer disconnected, but no water inside it so will be re connected.
The stereo is wiring related, as it was working but isn't since I removed it to refit with a part I missed.
Display panel says no direct positive, diagnosis says loom fault or bad connection.

Any help greatly received if you have seen these faults before thanks

G
#5 ·
I can't help with the comms issue, sorry.

Have you checked the air-con relay and fuse?

The external sensor is the blob under the passenger wing mirror, its a simple enough swap for a new one but maybe the mirror needs folding in and out a couple of times to see if the wiring is snagged. Keep an eye on the dash display to see if the temperature is er, displayed, not just --

There is also a tiny fan in the light cluster above the rear view mirror, if you pop the light cover off there is 2 torx screws which you can undo to access the fan/sensor with a hoover! If this is duff then the auto feature won't work because the BSI or whatever doesn't know how warm the inside of the car is :nono:

The wet carpet syndrome is common, this can lead to many problems so best to tackle this first. Those connectors are quite important and cause random electrical gremlins - fixing this may sort out some issues.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.