Peugeot 406 Strange PLEASE HELP :) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-14, 10:40 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Peugeot 406 Strange PLEASE HELP :)

Car Info
2001 Peugeot 406 2.0 Hdi

Problem

Car will not start it will only turn over, there is no lights on the factory fitted stereo which usually are present in the case that the car will start. Also the keyfob will not lock the doors, it will try but then the locks will instantly open again, this is the same case when the key is used in the door.
Also the hazard lights will come on automatically, these are stopped when the corresponding fuse is removed however will come back on 10-30 minutes once replaced.
I have had some success to starting the car randomly it will occasionally start and seem normal however this is not all of the time and once the car is stationary and locked it will be left for a few hours and iíve had neighbours knocking on my door telling me that my hazards are on. Confusing..
When I do go out to my car it seems that the doors have unlocked themselves also.

Note: Iíve disconnected the battery and put live to neutral to reset the system but no luck, issue still remains!!

Help much appreciated.
phil.owen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-07-14, 10:54 PM   #2

One of your door latches is faulty and this is why it won't lock it may be catch or wiring through door frame

This in turn is making the hazards flash as its the alarm being activated but the alarm siren has died so no sound !!

Don't disconnect the battery again as you may loose your key codes this will result in it never starting !
Old 23-07-14, 08:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.owen View Post
Note: Iíve disconnected the battery and put live to neutral to reset the system but no luck, issue still remains!!
Who told you to do that? That is not how you reset the system.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130

Old 23-07-14, 09:23 AM   #4
pr1vatepiles

If you've put live to neutral you've blown something. Check all fuses and pray to god/jesus/buddah that you haven't wrecked something major!

I know not everyone is technically minded but i thought they teach this in schools!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-07-14, 05:03 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1vatepiles View Post
If you've put live to neutral you've blown something. Check all fuses and pray to god/jesus/buddah that you haven't wrecked something major!

I know not everyone is technically minded but i thought they teach this in schools!
Thanks for your reply, but I don't think I made what I said very clear...

This was something followed from another forum,
it's just the live and the neutral which are completely disconnected from the battery, this in turn is supposed to drain any charge left in systems and ultimately reset the system. We thought this problem could possibly be a problem with the BSI.

However this was not the case.
Old 23-07-14, 05:05 PM   #6
Inactive User

Thanks for your reply,

I will check my door latches very soon and get back to you with the outcome !
Old 23-07-14, 06:03 PM   #7

If the car turns over but won't fire then it could be the immobiliser isn't unlocking. Maybe lost the transponder code.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-07-14, 07:38 PM   #8

That's what WILL happen if they keep messing with the battery but the opening post seems to suggest it starts sometimes !!

If this is the case they have 2 not necessarily connected issues but it could have a common cause.
Old 25-07-14, 09:23 PM   #9
Inactive User

The central locking on my 2000 406 will fail to lock if any of the latches aren't properly set, that the doors aren't properly closed. That is the most likely culprit for this issue.
Dunno about the rest though.
I assume you've checked all the fuses?
Ahielia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-14, 09:36 AM   #10

Op,

Have you checked the data wires under the drivers footwell/rug, incase water has corroded those sockets? Because corroded data wire would give similar symptoms? Otherwise, I would say your BSI is corrupted. But pull out the rug and check first.

Ikenna
Ikenna351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in