Left Fog light Peugeot 406 2001 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-16, 09:06 PM   #1
Inactive User

Smile Left Fog light Peugeot 406 2001

I live in Norway and therefore I have a left hand drive Peugeot. A couple of months ago I bought a new left fog light on ebay.uk which my brother ( UK resident ) was kind enough to bring me on one of his visits. I fitted it myself and was very happy with the result since the old one had been broken for some time. Yesterday was time for a new MOT and I was told to adjust this fog light. The comment from the mechanic to his superior, - and the person I spoke to -, had been to the effect " Has he fitted it correctly " ? Well there are only 3 attachment points and this fog light is now correctly positioned in its hole in the " bumper ". I am now wondering if the reflector(s) inside this fog light is positioned for cars to be driven on the left hand side and not like over here in Norway where we try to stay on the right most of the time.....!
Is anybody able to enlighten me ?
The other and last comment on my MOT was my speedometer which fails me from time to time by going to ZERO. It is very intermittent, sometimes once, twice or thrice on a 20km /15mile stretch (very rare) and like at Easter not at all on a 450km / 300mile trip. Any ideas ? Peugeot said it could be the speedometer, in which case a knock on the dashboard right above it while it was showing ZERO could make it function again. More likely though, according to my local dealer, was the sensor fitted to the gearbox.
All points of views will be read with great interest. Many Thanks In Advance.
PeugeotASBA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-16, 09:25 PM   #2

I dont think foglights are sided in somuch as they point generally straight ahead there is adjustment on them though.

In the uk there is no test for foglight position only headlights are tested for position.

I doubt the uk foglight is any different to a left hand drive type.

Speedo could be a dry joint internally or it could be speed sensor related unfortunately its not something easy to decide the speed sensor is reasonably easy to change though.
Old 14-05-16, 10:33 AM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
I dont think foglights are sided in somuch as they point generally straight ahead there is adjustment on them though.

In the uk there is no test for foglight position only headlights are tested for position.

I doubt the uk foglight is any different to a left hand drive type.

Speedo could be a dry joint internally or it could be speed sensor related unfortunately its not something easy to decide the speed sensor is reasonably easy to change though.
Thank You ever so much reliable406. I will look into the adjustment and order a new sensor most likely from ebay.uk. It appears that the sensor consists of 2 parts, one fitting into the other. Do you know if it is necessary to replace the bottom part as well as the top section where I imagine the electronics is. A complete unit costs about £20 while the top part only is approx. half that price. Any advice my good man reliable406 !! Greetings from Norway and Inge (Mr.)

Old 15-05-16, 10:13 AM   #4
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

The fog lights do have an adjuster on the back of them

Not immdiately clear from these pictures. In the second one you can see the adjusting screw at the bottom of the bit that the bulb goes in
Attached Thumbnails
20130111_163145.jpg   20130111_163203.jpg   20130111_164440-1.jpg  
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-05-16, 01:49 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb View Post
The fog lights do have an adjuster on the back of them

Not immdiately clear from these pictures. In the second one you can see the adjusting screw at the bottom of the bit that the bulb goes in
Thank You ever so much rwb , I will look into it and attempt to adjust so that the left side matches the right. Do you happen to know if the gearbox speedometer sensor needs to be replaced as 2 parts ( one seems to fit into the other ) or will replacing the top part suffice ? All the best from Norway and Inge (Mr.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in