Help - Peugeot 406 2.1 td Acceleration / Air Leak Problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-17, 03:48 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Help - Peugeot 406 2.1 td Acceleration / Air Leak Problem

Hello everyone,

I need some help. Recently (Like half a year ago) I bought a Peugeot 406 2.1 td and recently it started having some problems. It all started when I noticed some air bubbles in the fuel line coming from the fuel filter, even though it wasn't that bad it was bugging me quite a bit, I figured out the source - the air was coming in from a white thingy on the filter housing (no idea what it's called )

i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/dandare1980/FilterHousing21Small.jpg~original
(Visible on the top left)

So I just screwed it in and the air bubbles went away.

However, recently I found another problem previous owner left - the fuel sending unit retainer was non existent, it was being held only by a thin wire... So we fixed it, and then it all started..

Symptoms:
When the engine is warm, it feels like the car doesn't drop the throttle right away, when you hit the clutch you can hear the revs go up by like 100 RPM.
Sometimes the revs won't even drop to the normal 950, and starts fluctuating from 1500 to 1750.

When I popped the hood after the revs went back to normal, I saw that the fuel line coming from fuel filter housing was filled with huge air bubbles, even though the thing I screwed back in is in place.

Could you help me figure out what is the deal with this thing? Thanks in advance..
Kosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-01-17, 03:00 PM   #2
Inactive User

Forgot to mention, that there are no problems but loads of air bubbles when the engine is cold..
Kosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in