Central locking - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-02-14, 09:08 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Central locking

Hi, I have been roped into doing some more work on my mothers 406 HDi.

Ever since she had the car the remote central locking hasn't worked. I have read many threads on this and tried a number of solutions to no avail.

I have now purchased a replacement aftermarket keyless entry kit from ebay because she is also starting to have trouble with the locks on the car. I figured this would be the easiest and cheapest solution, £10 from ebay or £xxx for new locks, new keyfob or whatever else would need replacing!!

Has anyone fitted one of these type of CL kits to a 406. Its a 2002 model if that helps. If so I would appreciate a few pointers such as location of the CL module on the car, wiring etc. I fitted one to my toyota without any problems but I don't know peugeots that well.

The unit I bought from ebay is this one:

New Universal Car Remote Control Central Door Lock Locking Keyless Entry System | eBay

Hopefully it will be suitable and solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by sturose; 16-03-14 at 05:35 PM.
sturose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-02-14, 09:23 PM   #2

Well, on your head be it as they say!
knowing how Peugeot's and their electrics can be pretty temperamental I for one would not fit an after market kit at that price on the car.

I take it that it will use the existing solenoids/locking mechanisms?
mooseman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-02-14, 09:50 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Well, on your head be it as they say!
knowing how Peugeot's and their electrics can be pretty temperamental I for one would not fit an after market kit at that price on the car.

I take it that it will use the existing solenoids/locking mechanisms?
Correct. I understand that peugeots electrics are not the best in the world (to say the least) but whats the worst that could happen, if it doesn't work so be it. If it causes more problems I can just remove the unit, its simply a case of splicing into the existing wiring.

Works perfectly on my toyota although the electrics are way better on them. I have read about people fitting £20-£30 kits to peugeots and they work fine. If it works I'll post back here and let everyone know there is a cheap solution.
sturose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in