Peugeot Forums banner

BSI losing power?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  254585 
#1 ·
Hello all, I've ventured over from the 406 Coupe Club forum to see if you guys can assist with a weird and annoying problem I'm having. I've checked many of the BSI faults on this site but none seem to match the symptoms I have. I have a 2002 V6 Coupe with Multiplex wiring.

I get to the car - try to unlock it with the remote key fob. Absolutely nothing happens. I unlock the car manually. Still unable to remote lock/unlock the car. As soon as I open the door i can hear a "bong" from the BSI as if you have done a BSI reset. As soon as the bong sounds, I am able to remotely lock.unlock the car. If I drive the car and park up, I can remotely lock the car but when I come back to it after 5 minutes or so, I'm unable to remotely unlock the car and have to open it with the key again.

What have I tried?
-New car battery as it looked to be on its way out and was showing 11.8v when left to stand. With the engine on, it was getting 14.45v so at least the alternator is working.
-New batteries in both key fobs
-Re-synced the keys using PP2000 and the key in the ignition trick
-Left the battery unplugged for 5 hours after a correct BSI shut down
-Performed a correct BSI reset
-Checked for water ingress under the steering wheel
-Checked all of the fuses for continuity and corrosion in cabin and engine bay.
-No errors showing in PP2000 for the BSI

None of the above has made any difference. It just seems like instead of the BSI going to sleep but waiting for a wake up, it has to be force ably woken up by opening the door and as such, it doesn't receive the signal from the key. I'm out of ideas and it's really starting to annoy me - to the point where I'm considering getting rid!

Any help/advice gratefully received.
Thanks
Stu

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.