Blower AC fault...2003 HDi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-16, 07:16 PM   #1

Question Blower AC fault...2003 HDi

Hello I have a common fault by the sounds of some of the posts on here -my 2003 406 HDi blower was intermittent now not working at all. the digital display tells me its working but the blower does not blow.

Two weeks ago I had the aircon regassed and recently with the weather having been hot, Ive been using the blower/ac with a vengance and it started misbehaving soon afterwards and I wondered if this was no coincidence?

I have tried some of the tests others have suggested but wondered if this is for the earlier 406 as they are unclear, such as testing the current on the large black wire in fuse box and check fuse (I cant find the large black wire) to confirm faulty ignition switch.
Another talks of the resistor but I also read this is only the case if the blower is stuck on full?

any suggestions would be great thanks
relhuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-08-16, 07:18 PM   #2

Default in addition

Btw - the blower came on then went off for ten minutes then came on again and functioned fine for a few days then later did the same then went off and stayed off so probably eliminates fuse(s)??
Old 01-09-16, 03:16 PM   #3

Thanks for all of the replies - no really Im underwhelmed.

To anyone else who has this problem of blower not blowing in 2003 406 HDi then i suggest buying or swapping a known working speed control unit / resistor as this has cured my fault. bought off ebay for 13 deivered in two days.

Its located in the passenger footwell near where the passengers right foot/toes would be. but you need to be a bit of a russian gymnast to get at the two 6mm bolts. ( I think mine has been replaced in the past as there was only one bolt present as the really hard to get to one was missing...luckily?)

Good luck if trying I hope this helps

pic off Google -

Old 17-09-16, 07:57 PM   #4

Default blower fault

Thanks for filing the note - its just the kind of thing that could help me. Interesting that this module is stand alone and by the look of it not mounted in any air duct. If any anyone had asked me about this - i'd have give the wrong answer - thinking about the Mk2 Chrysler Voyager. Its Blower Control unit can go dead- and its in and air duct - and relies on the air flow to cool it. If air flow is poor a heat fuse in the module dies - it saves the unit but Chrysler don't sell the heat fuse alone so its right off... however if you lever it apart you can buy a heat fuse from Maplins for 70p.. which is good.
Glad to hear the Peugeot does not appear yo be the same !
7-up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in