Airbag deactivation/ airbag fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By storeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-15, 01:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Airbag deactivation/ airbag fault

Hi folks. The other day I spilt some coffee in the car and it seemed to go into the key lock for deactivating the passenger airbag, shortly afterwards I got the deactivated passenger message and airbag fault message come up and also the dash lights. Everything else worked as usual. The next day I had trouble unlocking the car and ended up going in through the boot and got the immobiliser fault come up, reset that and all ok again. I decided to take the deactivation lock out and sprayed it with electrical cleaner, also saw that underneath that is another electrical box labelled with pretensioner/ airbag but also a warning not to disconnect it because it might trigger.... Decided just to liberally douse it with electrical cleaner. Got in it this morning, was still showing the airbag faults but when I started the car I also had the dash headlight lamp flashing. The headlights were working but I couldn't turn them off and also the windscreen wipers wouldn't turn off, also the indicators wouldn't work and no main beam.. Drove to work and after 20 miles all faults cleared themselves and we're back to normal. My question is, does anyone know what is causing the deactivation/ airbag fault problem, and can I fix it, is it possible its in the box under the lock, and can it be removed safely to be cleaned and replaced??? HELP
Many thanks in advance
frencheric69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-08-15, 03:00 PM   #2

The box under the lock is the airbag ecu. Chances are the electrical cleaner has dissolved any coffee that got to the wiring connector and resolved the issue. If you try to disconnect the ecu with the battery still connected there is a chance the ecu could send a trigger signal to one or more airbags or pretensioner. The ecu can be disconnected safely after the battery has been disconnected. The issue with the lights and wipers is usually down to a faulty comm2000 but if they have started working correctly it a good possibility that the coffee got to wiring going back to the BSI and caused the weird behaviour.
frencheric69 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-08-15, 03:22 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default Thanks

Thanks for that storeman, I'll try that. If you hear of a man blowing himself up by airbag in Plymouth don't blame yourself..
frencheric69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in