406cc air bag error code permanent fault seat belts triggered - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-18, 12:01 PM   #1
Hux

Default 406cc air bag error code permanent fault seat belts triggered

Hi I’ve been a member for 12 months but dont use this site much as I’m a hgv mechanic and own this 406 I was driving the car and the the seat belts deployed and the engine cut out fitted new belts removed the air bag ecu because the boot was full of water sent it away and was told it was not repairable got a new used one off them fitted to car and still got perminant fault seat belts triggered need a bit of help here please of you experts how can the 2nd hand new ecu have this same fault any ideas
Hux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-04-18, 06:16 PM   #2

I think i know the solution but first can you clarify what car you have as the airbag ecu is not in the boot on a 406
Old 26-04-18, 06:58 PM   #3

Probably the whole saga has something to do with the main loom connectors found under the carpet on the driver's side [rhd] being wet/corroded as well. Lift the carpet and check the connectors.
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-04-18, 07:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNZ View Post
Probably the whole saga has something to do with the main loom connectors found under the carpet on the driver's side [rhd] being wet/corroded as well. Lift the carpet and check the connectors.
I agree, my mates 406 went crazy, all sorts of electrical issues. Lifted that carpet and found those multi plugs submerged in water !!!
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-04-18, 12:42 AM   #5
Hux

406cc 05 sorry never got back I work late shift and can’t have my phone with me can’t understand how the ecu can show seat belts triggered when I replaced them before the ecu was fitted checked all the other ecu’s and no fault found thinking maybe the fault was already on the 2nd hand reconditioned ecu I got or could something wrong with the car be causing the fault code permanent seat belts triggered to be active fault code and can’t be erased ?
Old 27-04-18, 06:58 AM   #6

Im still confused what is a 406 cc ?

seat belts triggered means what it says it that is stored in the ecu it CANNOT be erased using diagnostic tools as its telling you the airbag ecu has been fired.
Old 27-04-18, 11:16 AM   #7
Hux

307cc sorry heads gone I no what it means and that it can’t be erased by a scan tool that’s why I sent the ecu away to be wiped but it was water damaged inside so they sent me another ecu that was supposed to be free of error codes plugged into car and crash data there on the new 2nd hand one
Old 27-04-18, 06:32 PM   #8

NOW we are getting to where i thought i was in my first reply

Boot full of water said 307 to me but you were saying 406 !!

You have 2 airbag ecu units the one in the boot is NOT for the seatbelts it is for the roll hoops although it can also signal the belts to deploy you lucky it did not fire the roll hoops too !

You need to swap the one INSIDE the car between the seats as once the belts are fired its THIS ONE that stores the crash data.
Old 27-04-18, 07:02 PM   #9
Hux

Okay thanks for that yeah lucky the hoops didn’t fire I will take that one off and send it away so that’s the bow ecu in the boot that I’ve changed that fault went off the display as soon as I put the new ecu on but belts one stayed thanks a lot for your help you are defo the man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in