406 HDi 110 RapierBlower Heater not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-15, 12:45 PM   #1

Default 406 HDi 110 RapierBlower Heater not working

Hi,

My blow heater is not working and I have jumped the black and red wires on the two plugs that go into the fan control module and the fan works when the car starts. So I have power and the motor is fine. But left like that it stays on.

So main suspect would be the fan control module? OR is there something on the motor that the fan control module connects to that could be gone?

I got a spare control module from scrappy BUT there were two 406 HDis and the control module in both has green plug receptacles, one of which I took, but my control module has black plug receptacles and the ones available online are all green.

Is this black plug version specific to a variant? and can I wire the green one into my car? If so I do not want to do this wiring unless I am sure that nothing on the motor may be gone.

Thanks

Barry
barrymurphy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-11-15, 03:07 PM   #2
Ginger Magic

Hmmm, you have eliminated the ignition, the engine running relay and the fan itself - which leaves the control panel and the control module.

If you have access to a multimeter you can test the power going into the control panel, and coming out of the control panel. If its the same coming out as going in then the next 'in line' is the module with the black plugs.

This is basically a resistor, so if bypassed then the fan will be on full speed all the time. These are generally the things that go wrong with the blower, and they are available from eBay for around 20. I'm not sure about the black connectors on yours though, are they the same as the green ones in shape?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-11-15, 08:08 AM   #3

Thanks

When you say control panel - you mean the fan speed button?

When I had the original control module plugged in, i tested the voltage increasing on a pink wire coming from control module as the fan button was turned up through the speeds. It went from 2 volts up to 14 volts. So it seems the resistance is working? Is this what you mean?

And if the control module was faulty and is just a resistor, would I not just have one speed?

I am concerned its something on the motor where the control module wires connects to. There seems to be something on the side of the motor when I look up behind the glovebox.

The control module plugs are slightly different on mine but both parts have the same part number. I can submit a picture later if it will help.

Regards

Barry

Old 23-11-15, 10:29 AM   #4

Hi.

Someone has told me there are power transistors on the motor that go wrong and this may be my fault?

The control module may be fine and the motor runs when control module bypassed but with the power transistors gone she will not run when connected to the control module. Is this correct?

Regards

Barry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in