406 coupe rear lights stopped working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-14, 02:10 PM   #1
Inactive User

Unhappy 406 coupe rear lights stopped working

Hi lads,
My 406 hdi coupe rear lights and front side lights have for some unknown reason stopped working. At first they were intermitant,then every time i would close the boot lid the back lights would go off. I have checked the fuse box, light conections around the back lights. I still have brake, fog,and indicators all working on the same light clusters no problem. I am left scratching my head and thinking am i missing something simple.
Can anyone shed any light on it please?
kawasaki1100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-01-14, 12:38 PM   #2
Inactive User

Send a message via MSN to Mrs406 Send a message via Skype™ to Mrs406

No idea if the coupes too suffer with this but is the driver foot well damp / wet at all? I know there are multi pin connectors under there that if when they get wet can cause mayhem with lights - though I thought that was just brake lights, it would certainly be worth a look.

Other than that, sounds like a wiring fault of sorts with the units themselves, are they sealed in securely i.e no drips or leaks?
With my estate I have had a bit of a nightmare with a rear light unit letting in water which then fills the tailgate trim of water, amazing they still worked in my case but definitely again I would rule it out!

Other than that - I'm out of ideas! Best of luck
Mrs406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-14, 01:17 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default 406 back lights not working

Thanks for the reply.
The footwells are dry but i wil check the conections.
When the car is started the rear lights do come on for 10 to 15 seconds then a 5 second sqeeking sound occours from mid dashboard behind the radio area and the rear lights go out. The indicators, brake, and fog lights still work though
kawasaki1100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-01-14, 01:59 PM   #4
Inactive User

Send a message via MSN to Mrs406 Send a message via Skype™ to Mrs406

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki1100 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

The footwells are dry but i wil check the conections.

When the car is started the rear lights do come on for 10 to 15 seconds then a 5 second sqeeking sound occours from mid dashboard behind the radio area and the rear lights go out. The indicators, brake, and fog lights still work though

I don't know what else to suggest, maybe get a multi meter, check the current going through it and see if that changes after the time frame? Could be shorting out somewhere or something.. I'm just guessing of corse!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mrs406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in