406 Central locking failure - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-11-18, 10:20 AM   #1

Default 406 Central locking failure

Good afternoon it is the first time that I am participating in this forum,
My name is Pedro Miguel, Im Portuguese and I have a Peugeot 406 1.8 16v (110cv) from 1999 and a Peugeot 307 1.6 HDI (109cv) from 2005.

Im a curious mechanic and I try to go as far as I can, I read and most of the time it goes well.

My problem!
The Peugeot 406 1.8 16v, despite the age, mechanically has been a good car, but at electronic level, I have had some problems.
When you turn on the central locking, either with the remote control or with the key, it closes and then opens. Trying several times always happens the same, closes and opens, getting unlocked. The car has an alarm, but it is deactivated.
This is not the first time I have this malfunction, previously it was enough to disconnect the battery and it passed. But this time it will not.
I read in an English forum that there are sensors below the carpet (liner) on the side of the driver, which with the humidity can malfunction. In fact when the rain is intense, even having already changed the rubber, sometimes the water enters in this place.

Is this hypothesis true? Or what could be?
PedroG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-11-18, 11:28 AM   #2

Hi Pedro and welcome.
I`m sure water getting into the electrics is your problem. The main one (on UK RHD models) is water collecting under the carpet by the driver`s feet.There are a number of wiring multi plugs that get wet.This causes all sorts of electrical issues. I`m not sure if the wiring layout is the same on LHD models.So look at both sides.
Then of course moisture can get into the electrical part of the door locks.
I think the central locking ECU is under the rear seat ?

Getting everything clean and dry,checking multiplug connections are not "green", is a long and tedious job. May be a big tin of aerosol electrical cleaner may save you time and money.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-11-18, 12:20 PM   #3

Good afternoon Old Plug,

Actually the water intake does not help anything. It is not large but exists.
I have to go investigate, and take the spray to electrical contacts. I do not know where the central locking ECU is, on my car model. But I think it's a gray plastic box
I looked for the fuse box and ECU of the car, but only found the alarm and a 2 black boxes that I do not know.
In the case of the Peugeot 306, I'm pretty sure that the central locking ECU is in the rear seat.

Thanks and regards

Last edited by PedroG; 25-11-18 at 12:26 PM.

Old 25-11-18, 01:44 PM   #4

Most central locking issues are caused by broken wires in the door posts or faulty catches the wiring under the floor would normally cause more issues than this

If your 406 is a D9 model then the central locking is integrated into BSI there is no separate box early D8 models had same box as 306.
Old 25-11-18, 03:10 PM   #5

Good afternoon reliable406,

My Peugeot 406 is from 6/1999 and it's the D9 model. If it's from BSI it's more complicated than I was expecting. I saw all the fuses and everything was ok.

Thank you for your knowledge

Best regards
Old 26-11-18, 04:47 PM   #6

Problem solved

The passenger door lock was broken. I got one in 2nd hand, but in good condition, part and labor, 100 !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in