2000 406 1.8 16v Economy Mode Active - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-18, 06:26 PM   #1

Question 2000 406 1.8 16v Economy Mode Active

Evening All,

As indicated above I have the Economy Mode Active Message displayed on my Centre Console.

I have tried the BSI reset as per Peugeot instructions, but to no avail.

The battery is charged and there is 20 litres of fuel in the tank. The engine turns over slowly, but does not fire, even when connected to charger, the situation is the same.

Before this, my Airbag light was illuminated on the Dash, so checked the wires and no sign of corrosion, I also get an ABS fault, which i presume is to do with wheel bearings?

I'd like to take my car to local garage for MOT and maintenance, but unable to start car.

Can you help?

Thanks.
drmcmath0387 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-18, 08:16 PM   #2

Firstly, do the beep test. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...p-test-290202/
Do you get the beep?

Secondly, swinging over slowly...
a. get battery professionally load tested, being charged means nothing, it needs to have the capacity/amps behind the voltage.
a. check ground cables from battery-body-engine, remove, inspect contact terminals for corrosion/continuity, clean mating surfaces, lightly grease with a copper grease and replace. Do the same for the positive cable from battery to starter.
b. if above does not improve cranking speed, starter may be defective which is sucking the power away from the electronics. Get it checked.

Finally, Are you getting spark to the plugs when cranking? Fuel supply?

Dont know where you are but look at the map and try to find someone to diagnose the car with PP2000, both codes and live data. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...anet-map-7734/
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-18, 09:46 PM   #3

The most important thing to understand is the economy mode is NOT stopping the starting something else is. the economy mode is only there BECAUSE its not starting !!

A bsi reset wont help generally for starting issues you could actually make things worse.

If the beep test is ok and its manual try a tow start it this will get it out economy mode even if it still wont start
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in