2.2 HDi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 406
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-18, 08:40 PM   #1

Default 2.2 HDi

Just bought a 2002 2.2HDi manual wagon which was imported from the UK some time ago. The 2.2 was never sold new in NZ from what I can gather, certainly have never seen one here before. Has a different 5 speed gearbox with reverse and 5th on opposite sides on the shift instead of both on the rhs as in a 2.0 HDi.

Needs some work in the wiring division. Bad leak into driver's footwell has caused the worst corrosion to the loom connecting plugs I have ever seen. Around a dozen wires completely rotted off. Car would start and run but would not switch off even if totally unplugging the ignition switch. Had to remove the main fuses. So will do my usual stint of cutting the plugs out and soldering/heat shrinking the loom under the carpet. AND find where the water is getting in as it seems to be somewhere from above the scuttle as it is dripping down onto the front of the BSI, may be from the sunroof drains..? Any hints? Certainly not from where I am used to finding the leak in a 406 which soaks the carpet.

One thing it has is a factory fitted Nav system. Unfortunately the centre display is not at all good, cant see much there. So either need to find a replacement display or see if a standard display can be configured with PP2000 to work in the car. Nav system is of no use to me as it is unlikely there were any maps issued for NZ.

Anyone have a working spare display lying around? P/N according to servicebox is 6563.31 and on unit 96328936ZL02. Or can it simply be reconfigured to use a standard display? Cant try yet until I have fixed the wiring loom, would be good to know if it is possible before I try in vain..

Another thing, could someone look up the full build spec for me? Still can't access specific VIN's on servicebox, still getting "[email protected] not available, not configured for your country.." and no response from peugeot as to why.
VIN is VF38E4HXF81442086
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-03-18, 09:14 PM   #2

2.2 is by far best HDI engine it is so effortless to drive box is different because the engine is actually bigger with a bigger flywheel.

The nav screens are ALL broken by now and it was crap anyway we have 1 that nearly works

You can fit the standard screen but when we done it the steering controls for the radio stopped working ! i dare say with some messing around it can be reconfigured properly we never bothered
WillNZ likes this.
Old 29-03-18, 09:33 PM   #3

Thanks for that, will do the wiring repairs and then tackle the display, will let you know if I find a solution to the radio control.

Old 30-03-18, 09:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNZ View Post
could someone look up the full build spec for me? Still can't access specific VIN's on servicebox, still getting "[email protected] not available, not configured for your country.." and no response from peugeot as to why.
VIN is VF38E4HXF81442086
Here you are...
Attached Files
File Type: zip VF38E4HXF81442086.zip (44.8 KB, 18 views)
WillNZ likes this.
Old 30-03-18, 05:28 PM   #5

Thanks mate!
Old 30-03-18, 07:18 PM   #6

Quote:
You can fit the standard screen but when we done it the steering controls for the radio stopped working ! i dare say with some messing around it can be reconfigured properly we never bothered
Same happened here. Fixed the wiring, fired it up and all systems working, even responding to the ignition switch now. Put a standard centre display in and radio controls not working [but rest of display works fine], put faulty nav display in and they work. Will hook up to PP2000 just now and see if I can correct it via some settings and let you know if I succeed.
Old 31-03-18, 08:34 AM   #7

Well you learn something everyday and the fact they put my fave engine in 406s is my lesson.. Never knew that!
I can't remember seeing one in the UK so they must have been quite unusual?

Grumpy.
Old 31-03-18, 02:30 PM   #8

Only used in high spec cars mainly estates and later coupes but not that uncommon i have had a few over the years.
Old 31-03-18, 07:05 PM   #9

Ok, tried everything with PP2000, can not get the radio controls to work with the standard display.

Found the source of the leak into the front, culprit was the sunroof. Both front drain pipes were blocked near the bottom somewhere. They do take quite a weird trip downwards, seem to turn quite sharply where they drain into the scuttle area, could not poke them clean with my usual length of old speedo cable, had to resort to partly removing the roof lining, pulling the drain tubes off and blowing them out with compressed air. Must check the rears today..

Damn thing has a DPF system which has definitely NOT been maintained. Found written notes in the service book to that effect. Says "disconnected wiring to eloys pump while leaving level sensor connected". "Need to find someone who can program this out".... Lovely! Need to get it up onto my hoist and have a look at what has been butchered.. But hoist is currently occupied with another 406HDi which I am doing an auto->manual swap right now.
Old 02-04-18, 08:48 PM   #10

DPF filter is missing.. totally gutted, as is the cat, just a big gaping space now.

PP2000 is still reporting errors with the whole DPF system and cat upstream and downstream sensors, so they were obviously never programmed out. So now I either need to reinstate the systems or get it mapped out... never seen a 406 here with a DPF so that would be challenging to find a replacement part, so will need to find someone to map it out... that will also be like trying to find rocking horse poo...

Next move to remove gearbox as the thrust bearing is slightly growly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in