Is it possible to fit an aux to the telematics - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 4007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-09-15, 09:04 AM   #1
TBS

Default Is it possible to fit an aux to the telematics

My 4007 didnt come with blue tooth or dvd or an aux socket. very frustrating. As time rolls on has anyone any upto date info on tapping into the unit to make an aux. Ive seen threads on how to take the unit out but nothing that can explain how to make a simple aux feed. The connects2 boxes used to use a CD inputs but im not sure this is going to be so simple.
TBS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-09-15, 04:01 PM   #2

Easiest way to gain aux input is to buy an adapter lead from ebay which plugs into the aux connector next to the cd changer connector on the back of the head unit. Get the correct one for the head unit - I suspect it will be the same as the RD4 connector. You will more than likely have to get the aux enabled using Planet / Diagbox for it to work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-15, 11:16 AM   #3

Hi,

I added Bluetooth streaming to our 4007 through the AUX input on the MMC (Sat Nav touch screen). It's a little fiddly and the connector cost about 35!

Under the passenger seat there is an open connector, this is where the purchased bypass connector plugs into. You could cut the cables and modify it but that would require removing the seat and knowing what wires go where. Once you've plugged the connector in the AUX shows up on the MMC screen. The last bit is to remove the panel at the rear of the centre console, in here you'll find the Audio Left/Right and Video input connector. I cut this and connected them to the Bluetooth receiver and then tapped in to the 12V to run the receiver.

It works very well as I can now stream music from my phone to the car speakers.

I got most of this info from the Mitsubishi Forum as the 4007 is based on an Outlander so some things are the same.

Old 05-10-15, 11:38 AM   #4
TBS

Hi Ribs

Ive read the mitsibushi thread now but Just have a few questions to be sure i can take this on....

Did your screen have even a ghosted greyed out AUX panel before you began or was there nothing visible. As it stands i have no ghost aux showing at all. as if none exists even to be activated. maybe thats normal.

The bypass connector that you bought...from where and what is it known as?

The back centre console. Is it like mine in that there is nothing to show on the outside ( ie no socket) but inside will reveal the connectors?

What is the blue tooth receiver you purchased. Alternatively if i just connected an aux socket to the audio left right i could have an aux cable point ?

thanks for your help
Old 05-10-15, 11:50 AM   #5

I can't remember if my screen had a dimmed AUX on the screen. The connector was from Mitsubishi, can't find a part no and as I remember it was a special order.

The back panel will have nothing on it but when you pull it away you should see a connector going nowhere. These are the AUX audio/video wires to the headunit.

I'll see if I can find the part no for the bypass connector.
Old 05-10-15, 11:52 AM   #6

Found the bypass connector, here you go:
Old 05-10-15, 11:53 AM   #7

Screen doesn't show AUX:

Here is the rear panel connector:

Old 05-10-15, 11:57 AM   #8
TBS

Thankyou very much. I think i need to cut back a bit more carpet back to get at the connector but i can see its narrow side on at the moment.

I'll call Mitsibushi for this part and see what they say.

thanks again
Old 05-10-15, 01:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS View Post
Thankyou very much. I think i need to cut back a bit more carpet back to get at the connector but i can see its narrow side on at the moment.

I'll call Mitsibushi for this part and see what they say.

thanks again
Don't forget the connector is under the "passengers" seat not the drivers! (assuming your car is right hand drive)
Old 05-10-15, 02:04 PM   #10
TBS

Hi
Ive ordered the connector 30.68. Back order so have to wait. Its def passenger side but well hidden under a carper flap.

However whilst i wait I can connect an aux plug. Can you tell me what wires are which on the console end connector.

I have a group of 3 and a group of 2.

The 3 group are black blue and white and the duo are brown and blue.

Could you identify left audio / right audio and common ground ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in