Peugeot Forums banner

Peugeot 4007 air intake temperature sensor

5K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  rhystad 
#1 ·
Hi any one know we're the air intake temperature sensor is located , it's a 2008
4007 2.2 diesal. Only asking as dealer said this could be causing the carea not to start in cold weather. The issue I have is when the temperature drops below -2 the car won't starot the engine turns over but just won't fire soon as temp risers to o degrees fires up no problem .had it on two different diagnostics one said heater plug relay other said battery both been replaced but still same problem any ideas out there would be well appreciated. Thanks

#6 ·
Air sensor fitting instructions

BTW here is the Air sensor location in a zip file

Cheers Tony
Hello. Excuse me but i have a question. My 4007 is not quick when it is cold. i replaced all glowplugs to new of brand Beru. But i still have to glow twice to get easy start when real cold. And now it is like +5°c it seem not to glow. it dont help glow twice, it start but not quick. I have discovered a sensor mounted just over the radiator right side is this a temp sensor? . Another issue is that now and then the electric cooling fans run even if the car is cold and cold outside, fans wont stop until i stop engine. Fans dont start if i start engine again. Can a sensor may give wrong temp mesuring causing both this issues. it seems that a input show to high temp to the ecu.

#12 ·
Sound more like a coolant sensor fault if the fans are running all the time. This could also cause poor cold starting as the coolant temp is used by the ECU to decide on glow plug and fuelling requirements. If the sensor has failed car default to standard starting and not full cold start mode which would limit glow plug operating time

#16 ·
Hello. i did not remove the manifoild, i made it with some spesial tools i made of a steel wire. And small deep socket and universal joints. The sensor over the radiator is a airbag release sensor. I have now soldered the cable on the battery see picture, post soldering. The cable is going inside fusebox and change color before it goes to the relay. why it is going through the fusebox (Sf1) is a mysteri to me. I tried to open the fusebox to check, but it is to short cables to turn it enough to see the splice. So i tested a glowplug i have spare, on the connectors on the relay socket, and on the battery, same result so i belive the powersupply is ok. So i am afraid it is a ecu problem or cable problem from the relay to the ecu.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.