Money light / P2111 P0488 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 4007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-18, 06:04 PM   #1

Default Money light / P2111 P0488

Recently I have been chasing a problem with my 4007 2011 2.2 hdi LHD diesel.

P2111 and P0488 Throttle actuator stuck open and EGR throttle position.

Initially I removed the EGR return hose (which is the braided tube from the exhaust to the input manifold) this was pretty dirty half clogged with soot.
After cleaning and reassembly I still had the codes after cleaning.

So the problem looked like a faulty throttle body, after ordering a replacement throttle body from

https://www.piecesauto24.com/
PIERBURG 7.01002.09.0

I fitted the replacement throttle body today, I thought I would document the procedure as others may benefit from my experience.

Firstly piecesauto24 were fantastic they were very competitive with the price and very good delivery. (no I don't work for them!) (part Papillon de distribution, alimentation d'air - 130 euros)

When the throttle body arrived I compared with the original and transferred the two sensors.

If you ever have to carry out this repair it is possible to simply remove the input hose (pretty tight but possible from the right hand side going caveman on the hose) then unbolt the body unplug the 3 connectors and the cable clamp then the throttle body is free, (small cable clip also needs to be removed) however it does not fit between the radiator and the power steering hydraulic lines. (3x30 torque bit fasteners and a couple of bolts) Also some O ring grease for the sensors and the large throttle body O ring.

If you remove the battery and the battery plastic base you can push the part to the right over the radiator hose and out via the battery area.

Installation is then pretty simple, importantly my car is now happy after clearing all the codes.

Hope this information is of assistance to others with similar codes.

PS I stripped the old throttle body down thinking I might find a gear faulty, however just some oil contamination on the TPS resistor arms/assembly.

If anyone needs extra info please contact me.

Cheers Tony

Tony Cross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-04-18, 01:57 PM   #2

Red face Update

Just returned from a 5,000 klm run down to Portugal and back to France.

The car is now running better than ever the fuel economy has also improved 8.5 ltrs per 100 klm which is better than before.

No further issues with the engine light or fault codes.

Till the next issue of course.

cheers
Tony
Tony Cross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in