management light help - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 4007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-15, 04:37 PM   #1
TBS

Default management light help

Hi
Im a new member and have owned my 2008 4007 gt for 1 year. Only issues have been suspension and easy to sort out. Unlike the bulbs in the headlights. However I regularly tow caravan 1240 kg and this week i've had the engine management or pollution symbol ( i'm not sure which is the best description) come on and send me into limp mode ( which isnt funny with a caravan) all i have to do is stop, hod up the traffic, and start again and revs returns and its ok. Eventually the light goes off. However its happened again today after about another 150 miles. Light is still on today. Ive read about the code reader but being a new member not sure what help i can solicit from you guys. By the sound of it the main dealer is the only other alternative. Im located in mid beds between hitchin and bedford.

For background info ( should it be relevant ) my ASC button triggers no lights on dash board or anything. its never worked since i bought car although i didnt even go near it for many months so if it did work i wasn't aware of it. Is this a tricky ( expensive) thing to solve?

All help gratefully received and any ways to tap into the diagonistic resources at this early stage in my posting career.
TBS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-09-15, 09:03 AM   #2

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 28-09-15, 09:07 AM   #3
TBS

Hi Gibbo

Thanks. I looked at this and found a member Savage but whether he sees it is debatable as the 4007 forum is a bit tumble weed. I cant pm him yet until i've hit 20 posts. which I hope to do soon and hopefully generate a bit more traffic on here.

Old 28-09-15, 10:50 AM   #4
TBS

Default 5 fault codes

Im not hanging about so I've got the diagnostic report from local garage:

P0238 Inlet Air sensor ( MAF most likely)
P0100 Flow meter signal ( MAF most likely)
P0606 Ecu ?
P1700 Ecu ?
P2408 additive system ( possible error on fuel cap sensor or wiring its thought)

Interested to know what the Ecu faults could be. However i think a new MAF is best course of action to take. Its seems its more likely its the fault which is creating limp mode.

hope so
Old 28-09-15, 11:55 AM   #5
TBS

Thanking "Bettyswollocks" for this earlier post.....

"For those looking up the P0100 fault code

P0100 - Mass Air Flow Circuit Malfunction
The mass air flow or MAF sensor is placed in the intake air duct between the air filter and the engine intake manifold. The MAF sensor measures the amount of intake air flow. The MAF sensor converts the air flow measurement into a voltage or frequency signal, with the voltage or frequency changing proportionally to the amount of air flow. The air flow sensor signal is monitored by the engine computer (ECM). The engine computer (ECM) uses the mass air flow signal to know the engine load and to calculate the proper amount of fuel injected. If the signal from the mass air flow sensor is out of expected range, the ECM detects a fault and sets the code P0100. For example, the mass air flow sensor signal could be higher than expected when the engine is not running or lower than expected with the engine running. A car with the code P0100 may have some driveability issues, such as stalling, lack of power, surging, hesitation, etc. In some cars, the code P0100 can cause the fail-safe mode where the engine speed would be limited to 2,500 - 3,000 rpm.
If there are other trouble codes present, they might need to be looked at first. Checking the freeze frame may help, as it may contain some important information. The freeze frame is a snapshot of the engine parameters at the moment when the fault was detected. The freeze-frame may show whether the vehicle was running or stopped, whether the air–fuel ratio was lean or rich, was the engine was cold or warmed up at the time of the malfunction."
Old 28-09-15, 12:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS View Post
Im not hanging about so I've got the diagnostic report from local garage:
You didn't need to "hang about" if you'd read the details in the links I posted:

Quote:
I can't send PMs!

This is to prevent spammers harassing members. To get your PM privileges enabled you must have contributed 20 posts to the forum. If you don't want to needlessly comment on random posts, use the NEED 20 POSTS BEFORE PM thread.
Please also see FAQ item 8 about diagnostics. We're just trying to save you time and money by making sure you're not given incorrect information by generic scanners, especially if they can't tell you what P0606 means.
Old 28-09-15, 12:55 PM   #7
TBS

Thank you for your help. I think the P1700 is the tricky code as a search has not thrown up any results as yet. Ill post for that one.
Old 29-09-15, 07:25 AM   #8

A quick Google reports:

Quote:
P1700 - Transmission Indeterminate failure (failed to neutral)
Does that relate to being stuck in gear?
Old 29-09-15, 01:52 PM   #9
TBS

Well its a manual and has never stuck in gear yet so perhaps thats another faulty sensor having a moment.

Im getting a second inspection tomorrow because in discussion with my local garage ( who didnt do the diag.) the P0238 code might suggest an overboost which in turn has triggered the P0100 air sensor. So maybe there is a split turbo hose somewhere and nothing wrong with my MAF. The P0606 is not so helpful as it suggests the ECU is faulty but no more than that.

I thought theses codes were meant to help mechanics but all they do is disagree.
Old 30-09-15, 07:16 AM   #10

The codes are helpful if:

1) The mechanic knows how to interpret them.
2) The mechanic doesn't use generic scanners.
3) The diagnostic equipment reads live data.
4) The mechanic knows how parts work in-conjunction with another and can fault codes along the chain of components.

As my link in the FAQ states, too many "mechanics" just rely on the fault code and throw a part at the problem.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in