Beware - Peugeot ripoff - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 4007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-18, 09:23 AM   #1

Default Beware - Peugeot ripoff

After no help from my local Peugeot dealers I thought I would vent my frustration here:

My 2011 4007 2.2 hdi has done 110,000 klm, in the service manual it say's to change the transmission oil every 30k or 3 years, I asked the question previously if anyone had changed their transmission fluid but no response.

After a quote from the local Peugeot garage for 600 euros for lets face it 1 hr max work, I found that the code was (PSA) 9734.S2.
It normally takes 5.5 ltrs for a drain - refill.
I went to the main Peugeot dealer opposite the factory in Vesoul France where they built the cars and asked for a price and availability 6 liters 302.00 euros but not in stock.
What a joke.

You expect to pay a premium by buying OEM but this is ridiculous.
I then went to the local Total garage who said they could order in the fluid for 12.66 euros a liter, great I'll have 6 not so quick the garage could only buy in blister packs of 18, I would have to buy the lot....

Amazon did not stock however they did have the filler pump for only 9 euros.

I eventually obtained the fluid from autopieces24 in just 2 days (this is not an ad for them just a plug for good service) for only 60 euros for Valvoline DCT (dual clutch special).

Castrol and Total also make the fluid:
Castrol DCT Getrag DCS6
Total Fluidmatic DCT MV
Valvoline DCT from autopieces24 (code 866909 1 ltr 868207 5 ltr)

So if you have a 4007 and want to change your own transmission fluid do your homework beforehand ....

Cheers Tony

Last edited by Tony Cross; 27-09-18 at 11:06 AM. Reason: correction
Tony Cross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-09-18, 06:01 PM   #2

Default great site for lubricants for 4007

Here is the Total website which gives the types and quantities for all the
fluids and luibricants.

Total GBR Mobile

Cheers Tony
Old 30-05-19, 01:26 PM   #3

Did you change the gearbox oil? how easy was it?
naeview4007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 30-05-19, 02:05 PM   #4

Default Transmission fluid change

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeview4007 View Post
Did you change the gearbox oil? how easy was it?
Pretty easy remove the bottom plastic cover and the wheel trim on the side of the transmission on my car LHD it was on the drivers left hand side.

Under the transmission there are supposed to be 3 hex drain plugs however mine only had two, the other was never fitted however there was a moulding for where one may have been planned.

Dump the fluid into a container then replace the plugs under the transmission, then open the filler plug which can be accessed from the wheel arch, or by removing the battery, the wheel arch is the easiest, I used a fluid pump to refill the fluid it's like a big bicycle pump, 10 euros on Amazon.

pump.jpg

The filter is easily replaced it hangs under the car in front of the transmission.

The whole thing took a couple of hours and all done.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

Cheers Tony
Old 30-05-19, 02:16 PM   #5

Cheers for that info, what filter do i need? what hole do you drain it from and what hole do you fill it from? or does it not matter? does the oil or gearbox have to be warm when adding new oil or filter?
naeview4007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-19, 02:20 PM   #6

Hi
I listed the oil and filter you need also the service info here:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...nd-3rd-327078/

I would suggest buying online rather than at a dealer...
Gearbox should be warm yes..
Drain from the 2 under the trans and fill from the side one.
When you fill you fill to the the level of the side filling hole

Last edited by Tony Cross; 30-05-19 at 02:27 PM.
Old 30-05-19, 02:25 PM   #7

Default Link to the Peugeot service info

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15O...EOPSFC7xKT8BVq
Here are the diagrams showing where things are...

Last edited by Tony Cross; 30-05-19 at 02:39 PM.
Old 31-05-19, 08:04 AM   #8

To be fair to Peugeot you have to remember this is really a Mitsubishi in disguise & was actually built in Japan.
Old 31-05-19, 02:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lee View Post
To be fair to Peugeot you have to remember this is really a Mitsubishi in disguise & was actually built in Japan.
Yes that's right it was based on the original Mitsubishi Outlander - Citroen also sold a version the C-Crosser, but my point is that Peugeot supports this model and to ask over 300 euros for transmission fluid (6 ltrs) when exactly the same specification {(PSA) 9734.S2} lubricant can be purchased, directly from the oil companies/retailers for six times less i.e. from Castrol,Total or Valvoline, is in my mind is a total ripoff.

Surely the purpose of this forum is to help and inform users not to let Peugeot off the hook by saying that the reason they charge so much was because it was not manufactured in France.

Another side note when I went to the local Peugeot dealer here in France (Bourbonne les Bains) I was informed by the dealer there was no Transmission filter only the fluid needed to be changed, when doing a transmission service, I knew there was an external filter but they argued that there was not, so had I let them do the job it would have cost me about 540 euros and they would not have replaced the transmission filter....
In the end it cost me less than 160 euros for fluid and filter change and next time I know exactly how to do it myself.

I would suggest that owners of these vehicles who only go the dealer and have all the services done by the Peugeot dealers, would probably not visit this site as most users here are trying learn new skills and to carry out the servicing themselves.

Cheers Tony

Last edited by Tony Cross; 31-05-19 at 03:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in