2.2 DW12 engine in Outlander problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 4007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-17, 08:17 PM   #1

Default 2.2 DW12 engine in Outlander problems

Dear All
I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem we have with our Mitsubishi Outlander, which is the same car as a 4007 / c crosser.
99% of the time the car runs perfectly, but sometimes , especially, but not always, when towing a caravan on the motorway, it starts to "miss" around the 2500rpm mark, if you accelerate, it runs fine, but you can't really do that with a caravan, even on the autobahns here in Germany. It lasts about 15min, sometimes longer, sometimes less depending on speed & traffic. It is accompanied by quite a loud diesel clatter. I think it is doing it when it's doing a DPF regen/clean, as if you are in traffic when it happens the fans are on, I#m planning to fit a small led to the rear screen heater because apparently that is switched on when it's doing a regen.
I have no fault codes
My first thoughts are a problem with the EGR valve, I tried to take it off to clean , but after a day of trying I gave up and will ask my private mechanic if he can do it, also I noticed whilst removing the skin from my hands that there is a vacum operated flap/valve on the EGR valve cooler, which never seems to move, wondered if this has something to do with it. We've had the car just over 2 years, it's done 160K Km, had new clutch and flywheel fitted just after we bought it, 2500euros, but we got it for a good price, just had new cam belt fitted. It ran fine for the first year and developed this problem about a year ago.
Any suggestion would be most appreciated.
horncock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-17, 10:00 PM   #2

Your description does indeed sound like a regen but it may be the EGR valve is getting old and not working as well as it should. the flap you mention is open 90 % of the time so if its open its not an issue.
Old 07-09-17, 07:01 PM   #3
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

2500 is where it spools up the big turbo.
Below 2500 only the small turbo operates.
Above 2500 both turbos operate in parallel.
Hence the description "parallel sequential"

The EGR valve itself must be operating correctly. It reports it's actual position back to the ECU and if this doesn't match the requested position then it brings up an error.
However, you can put a blaking plate in the EGR. The ECU will know that something is up because it sees more fresh air than it was expecting coming in throught MAF. Sometimes this gets promoted to a fault code, but most of the time not. I haven't seen it for about 18 months now. When it does strike I just clear it.

Clattery certainly sounds like a regen. You should also notice the MPG instantaneous readout plummet and it feel down on power.

Heated mirrors (if it has them) may be a more convenent place to put the LED; that's where I have mine.

Here's how the DPF system works: https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/1306802-post2.html
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in