Peugeot Forums banner

Overhead Light Air Vent

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  xlineiain 
#1 ·
I noticed today on the overhead interior light that there is a noise like a motor or similar that can be heard through the air vent next to the interior lights overhead.

I can hear when the ignition is on even before the car starts.
I am wondering what the vent is for and is there a motor in there?

Thanks Kevin

#2 ·
If its the same as the 306 which I think it is, its a little fan/sensor unit to monitor cabin temperature for the climate control.

You can remove and try and lubricate the fan if its become noisy. Just be careful as the unit itself does not come apart easily (I found out the hard way a few years back)
Best to try and lubricate with a straw or dropper.

#3 ·
little fan/sensor unit to monitor cabin temperature for the climate control

Thanks that makes sense as the car does have climate control and the fan would suck in the air so the sensor can tell the cabin temperature.

The noise is not noticeable when the engine is running (it's a bit loud at the moment due to an exhaust leak that will be fixed soon) and as it's my Mums car I will see if it annoys her after the exhaust is fixed.

The sensor seems to be accurate and I don't really want to touch it if it can be avoided as it's handy in the warmer weather not having to worry about turning the air con on off. Here in Melbourne it gets to 40c in the summer (have had 46c) and that's not far away.

Kevin

#4 ·
Mine monged out in my 406. It started not heating up when doors and windows were opened. Not great in cold weather with people getting in and out. I blasted it with an air duster, then put a hoover nozzle upto it to suck the dust out through the grille (I didn't fancy pulling it apart, French clips and all that) . It sorted it :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.