Wonderful satnav and trafic updates. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-09-18, 12:18 PM   #1

Default Wonderful satnav and trafic updates.

Had to go down to Margate yesterday. Halfway along the M25, saw signs warning that the M20 was closed, junctions 4 - 6.
OK, so will use the sat nav to show me a way round it.
Wrong, sat nav insisted I travel along that closed bit of motorway, though it did warn me of some conjestion at the end of the M2 further on my journey.

Wonderful system.

Last edited by Brilec; 16-09-18 at 12:22 PM.
Brilec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-09-18, 02:19 PM   #2

I've started to notice on my trips to Manchester and back it is telling me that the roadworks on the M5 have closed the road.
Old 16-09-18, 08:53 PM   #3

I drove up from Cornwall to the Lincolnshire coast yesterday. Not only was the sat nav giving me traffic updates that weren't on my route (I had a route set), but it was constantly telling me about roadworks on the M1 that, again weren't on my route, but they were still popping up when I was the coast side of Lincoln.

It was also a bit frustrating getting directions to 'bear right' at pretty much every other motorway junction.

Old 16-09-18, 09:08 PM   #4

Check your settings (if similar to Smeg units) there is an option on the traffic reports to set on route only and/or within a defined number of miles around vehicle. Often is set to a stupid 100+ mile default area
ShereKhan likes this.
Old 17-09-18, 02:09 PM   #5

Yes I know that one, mine is SMEG. Mine is set to 25 miles or so, but I was within yards of the closure and it wasn't telling me. It was telling me of conjestion 25 miles further on my route so clearly the option was on.
Old 17-09-18, 03:33 PM   #6

Mine was set at 12 miles but it was certainly giving messages from further away, and in the wrong direction. I've just reduced it to 6 miles so will see if that makes any difference. Theres no option on mine to set to route.
Old 18-09-18, 10:08 AM   #7

Getting warnings of events a bit further away is a niggle, but not being told of a major closure (for the whole weekend) on the actual route is a bit more of a problem.
The Garmin I used before always routed round things like that automatically.

Fortunately my daughter was in the car with her smart phone. That worked much better as it also pointed out where the worst jams were. Not that we needed that, being all but stationary for best part of an hour.
Old 18-09-18, 10:31 AM   #8

I just use the satnav as basically a glorified road atlas. I think I've used it once for directions to go through London and picked up a 60 fine for using a bus lane in the process. If I need directions I'll fire up my phone.
Old 19-09-18, 08:17 AM   #9

Not sure what I did when I changed my settings, as there isn't that many settings to change, but the next time the unit booted up, it was flashing up with what appeared to be every traffic update in the country. You'd close the message down and another would immediately pop up. It took about a minute or so of doing this before i could get into the settings and turn the whole damn system off...!!
Old 19-09-18, 11:01 AM   #10

I find the accuracy and reliability of the traffic updates to vary on locale.

The live traffic is really not so good in Germany; like what you guys are saying, a lot of stuff gets missed. I use my mobile nearly exclusively here.

But I cross into France a lot, and it works great there. Even major city/urban thoroughfares get marked for congestion, roadworks, and notable weather conditions (heavy rain). So the sat nav does the job here, although unfortunately it does not provide speed camera locations (unlike my phone).
mlin32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in