What do you all think of your cars? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-18, 08:06 PM   #1

Default What do you all think of your cars?

Ullo, I'm thinking of buying a 308. A red or black 1.2 petrol. My shortlist was a choice between a Focus (don't like the interiors that much), Golf (the most boring looking car on the road) or an A3 (probably outside my range for the current shape one). What do you all think of yours and does the no-button stereo become a pain in the bum? and the limited leg room in the back? and does the 1.2 petrol have enough oomph?

cheers
plopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-05-18, 08:33 PM   #2

Had my 2.0 BlueHDi Auto SW for just over a month and am very pleased with it to live with. It's the GT Line and has every feature i'd ever need and more that i've not touched. Can't comment on the 1.2 petrol engine however my wife has a Focus ST3 and the 308 feels far roomier. All controls through the touchscreen takes a little getting used to but unless you like to adjust everything on the move its no bother. Not been in the back but its usually inhabited by a person with limited legs so no problem there either
plopper likes this.
SteveJames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-18, 08:51 PM   #3

It's worth noting that the SW (estate) version has a lengthened wheelbase and the extra length adds to the legroom in the rear.

Last year my wife and I drove several thousand miles with our youngest daughter and her boyfriend seated in the back. There were a few grumbles but - hey - they're young and can cope. It can't have been too bad as we've been asked if we can take them on holiday again this year!

Petrol engine I can't comment on but I'm really impressed with the 120bhp e-HDi engine. It's a very strong engine and pulls really well from low revs. it feels like a much bigger engine.

I'm with SteveJames on the touchscreen. It would be nice to have a few of the functions lifted off into dedicated controls but it's something you get used to.
SteveJames and plopper like this.

Old 23-05-18, 08:54 PM   #4

I have the 1.2 130bhp petrol and am very happy with it - great acceleration and pulls very well on the motorway while still delivering 48-52mpg on long runs.
As for the stereo, see above response. Yes, it's a bit different but you soon get used to it.
Rear legroom, well it all depends on how far back the front seats are... I'm 1.74m (5ft 9 ish) and with my driving seat set up for me I have no problems with legroom sitting in the back behind the driver's seat and I have the hatchback.
No problems in recommending a 308.
plopper likes this.

Last edited by Esskay; 24-05-18 at 06:54 PM.
Esskay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-18, 09:10 PM   #5

I'm 5'9" as well. Anyone taller than me in the back can get lost.
plopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-18, 10:04 PM   #6

When I was deciding on what to get I narrowed down to between a 308 1.2THP 130PS and a Seat Leon 1.4TSI 150PS and honestly the 308's 3 cylinder engine gave the Leon's 4 cylinder engine a run for it's money, it had bags of character and was very responsive, more responsive than the Leon's 1.4TSI. In fact the 308's 1.2 had noticeably less turbo lag and was very flexible, you wouldn't have noticed that the 1.2 was 20hp and 20nm down on the 1.4.

In the end I went for the Leon as I couldn't get a 308 in magnetic blue, also I wasn't a fan of the gearbox in the 308, it just felt very clunky and vague but I could've overlooked that for the right colour and with the 1.2 engine, absolute gem of an engine and the small steering wheel adds to the fun too.

As for rear legroom, my dad has a 1.6BlueHDi model and he's probably around 5ft 5in, rather short while I'm 5ft 9in and I fit behind him fine with a good amount of legroom.
ctse1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-18, 10:36 PM   #7

Have to say I've had my 308 just 3 years now and I've never tired of driving, cleaning, waxing it.

Normally I would have been looking at what's out there 6 months ago but this car seems to press all the buttons.

Comfortable and spacious; nice engine with surprising power when you need it; quiet with very little road noise; touch screen is good and doesn't take long to learn it's layout; instruments are clear; brilliant LED headlights; electronic handbrake works really well; spacious boot....etc...etc...

Would I buy a new one...?....I think I would...

PS:....oh; and did I mention how good the EAT6 automatic gearbox is...
DonaldF likes this.
Old 23-05-18, 11:16 PM   #8

Peugeot 308 allure. Great looking car lots of kit. Looks great inside. Seats are comfortable although I find the seat squab a little long as it brushes the back of my leg. Rear room is a little cramped however I'm about 5ft 8/9 and my 6ft 3 dad can sit behind me so cannot be too bad. No issues so far but only had it 6 months.
t900ajb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-18, 08:04 AM   #9

1.6 BlueHDi SW 02.2016. 72kkm and average 5,2 l/100km.
Ocasionaly a litle windows ratling especialy when cold. No complaints about stereo/touchscreen, except maybe time of reaction. Once set and forget
My screen is allways on audio.
Ocasionaly additional adjustment is temp - tap on temp on top of the screen, tap + or - and leave it to go back again.
Everything else I control by knobs and buttons on the wheel.
plopper likes this.
Sinisha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-18, 08:34 AM   #10

I'm just gonna jump in on that touchscreen bit... Yes, it's a bit too much. Just now, driving to work from home, listening to radio, and the wife says it's too hot already and to turn on the A/C, which was off at the moment. So...

1. touch to go to climate control
2. touch to flip A/C on
3. touch to go back to radio

That's three touches whereas on any other ("normal") car that'd be a single click of a dedicated button.
I'm all for having less buttons, a cleaner cockpit, but too much is too much. Peugeot obviously thinks the same since in newer models (3008, 5008 etc) you can see there are those "piano keys" as they call them, with several most used functions.
plopper likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in