Various Questions - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-18, 11:02 AM   #1

Default Various Questions

Hi All,

My 308 Cat S rebuild is now nearly done, will have to chuck some pics up when i get a chance! here's some stuff i need a bit of advice on

1. Keys, can we still buy blanks and get an ID46 chip and code with diagbox with these newer models? (its a 2017) and can we still order that card from peugeot with transponder code on?

2. Windows, my old 307 if you held the lock button for a second the windows would close themselves and you could walk away, on this 308 i have to stand there and hold the button until the windows are up, if i let go they stop! any way to get it as the old car used to work (is it called total closure?)

3. Radio defaults to DAB each time, any way to force it onto bluetooth as default (i've updated to the latest firmware, its a SMEG+)

4. alarm, how the buggery can i lock it WITHOUT arming the alarm, it seems to always self set after 30 seconds!?

I think thats all i'm stuck on now, cant wait to finally put it on the road!

I'll come to the diagbox questions another time, i'm way behind on that stuff!

Cheers
Stubbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-06-18, 12:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbo View Post
2. Windows, my old 307 if you held the lock button for a second the windows would close themselves and you could walk away, on this 308 i have to stand there and hold the button until the windows are up, if i let go they stop! any way to get it as the old car used to work (is it called total closure?)
It might be something to do with the trim level. Our 308 Active does exactly as yours does whereas my C5 X7 Exclusive has the one-touch closing that you want. Maybe someone with a higher spec car can confirm or otherwise this? If so then it's possible that it's switchable using Diagbox.
Old 25-06-18, 02:34 PM   #3

Now you mention it yeah i think i remember having to add this onto my 307 S with planet, it was 9 years ago though so the memory is a bit rusty!!

Have you tinkered with or added anything onto your active since you've had it? i'm keen to do a reversing camera (seen the thread about this one, looks hit/miss if it'll work!)

Last edited by Stubbo; 25-06-18 at 02:37 PM.

Old 25-06-18, 04:38 PM   #4

On my 2016 Allure, you have to hold the button down to close the windows.
Old 25-06-18, 04:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingoman View Post
On my 2016 Allure, you have to hold the button down to close the windows.
Thanks for the info, looks like i need to get diagbox running and have a poke around to see what i can change!
Old 25-06-18, 07:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Have you tinkered with or added anything onto your active since you've had it?
When we first got the car I was appalled at how poor the ground clearance was. I fitted some auxiliary rear springs, which also helped with load carrying. I'm still looking for something to lift up the front a bit.

There was only one 12v socket so fitted another at the rear where blanking plug was. A dash cam and that's about it although I have a tow bar waiting to go on.

Quote:
i'm keen to do a reversing camera (seen the thread about this one, looks hit/miss if it'll work!)
Yes, I'd like that as well. And front sensors please. I believe that it's quite involved as you need a load of extra wiring and you have to change the ECU.
Old 26-06-18, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
There was only one 12v socket so fitted another at the rear where blanking plug was. A dash cam and that's about it although I have a tow bar waiting to go on.

Yes, I'd like that as well. And front sensors please. I believe that it's quite involved as you need a load of extra wiring and you have to change the ECU.
Another 12v socket is a great idea, i'll look into that for the dashcam!

If i ever start the reversing camera project i'll document it all here
Old 26-06-18, 08:50 AM   #8

On mine you also have to hold the lock button until the windows have closed, When I asked here, I was told it changed for safety reasons.
Old 26-06-18, 03:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilec View Post
On mine you also have to hold the lock button until the windows have closed, When I asked here, I was told it changed for safety reasons.
Ahh i hope they still left in an option to switch, its only a small thing but it really bugs me!
Old 27-06-18, 09:22 AM   #10

My radio always goes to the last thing selected.

I also had the reversing cam as standard so can't help with that or front sensors.

If you lock the car with the key in the door it doesn't set the alarm. I do that whenever i have to leave the dog in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in