Urgent Safety recall - HXW - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-03-18, 09:59 PM   #1

Default Urgent Safety recall - HXW

Had a card through the door last week saying I'd missed a signed for delivery. Somewhat puzzled as I'd not ordered anything nor was expecting anything else..

However, last Saturday spent some quality time in the PO sorting office lobby and 25 minutes later was the proud owner of a recall notice for our 2015 308SW. Recall code HXW none the less

Apparently "the engine electronic cooling management control strategy and the maximum temperature alert threshold could cause the engine to overheat. This could result, in extreme cases, in the failure of the engine."

Not sure why it would think of doing this now as it's not done it in last 3 years but either way car booked in a couple of weeks for "new engine management software in order to modify the cooling management parameters."

...FOC of course

Letter was dated 5th March and included VOSA safety recall flyer but nothing appeared on VOSA until 14th March when it was updated with 'outstanding recall found' for my reg no.

Ours is a May 2015 308SW 2.0 BlueHDI Allure.

Not sure what date/VIN range affected but may be worth contacting Peugeot or checking VOSA if you have similar vehicle to us and have heard nothing as of yet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-03-18, 08:36 AM   #2
kbm

Default Safety recall HXW

Well, my 308 booked into main agent a week ago but they tried twice to download software without success. Car now booked in for whole day this Friday as it needs to be connected directly to Peugeot.
Very puzzling as this is the 6th recall in 3 and a half years.
Tried to explain it that my car maybe registered as European!!!
Well it was purchased brand new, had to wait 3 months for it and every other software update has gone through with no problem.
Stinks of emissions cover up maybe?

Oh they did manage the other recall (not mentioned on the letter)which was a new fillcap for the ad blu

Last edited by kbm; 21-03-18 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Missed punctuation
kbm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-03-18, 09:31 AM   #3

I've had the Adblue filler cap replaced without charge as well.

Other items replaced as a recall have been the clutch (or was it brake?) master cylinder, Eolys wiring loom, crank pulley & belt and the catalytic converter was "inspected".

What software is this?

Last edited by Paul-R; 27-03-18 at 09:49 AM.
Paul-R is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-03-18, 11:15 AM   #4
kbm

Default Recall

My car is 308 2.0 Bluehdi 150 Feline Auto
Registered September 2014

Haven’t had all those things recalled on the car.
Some of your items seem like warranty work.
The previous software download was at the end of 2016 can’t remember what for. Our Peugeot agent changed at the end of last year so this is my first dealings with them.
I mentioned the number of recalls and it was the garage that said this was my 6th.
I have a horrible rattle at the rear but last service it was noted but they didn’t know what it was. This is 3rd 308 and prior to that 307 ‘s.
Don’t usually keep cars this long and don’t need a diesel or 2 l engine in future so although I really like the car and it’s only done 17000 miles I need to consider others.
Will post after Friday when hopefully the software is downloaded.

UPDATE
Everything fine after download.

Last edited by kbm; 24-03-18 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Update
Old 22-03-18, 12:14 AM   #5

My 15 plate 308 2.0 HDI BLUE 150 GT Line is in currently for the HXW software update - I'm expecting it back Thursday so will update on whether it's been done successfully and if there's any noticeable difference. I also have 2 other minor recall improvements being done at the same time. The cynic inside me would be suspecting the HXW recall could be linked to the emissions scandal - but will keep an open mind. With regards to the rear axle metal on metal clank noise - this is a known fault with the 308 and there's a gunk repair that Peugeot do - I had mine done last year - apparently it takes 4 hours for the gel to set that's injected - so it's a day of a repair job. Since then car has been fine - no more unusual metal clanking when cornering (sounded like I was driving over manhole covers). If you search the forum there's a separate thread that discusses this. Must say, I'm not too impressed with the number of recall repairs that the car has been subjected to - My last car was a Vauxhall Astra SRi and I don't recall that having as many notifications!
FOREST37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-03-18, 11:33 AM   #6
kbm

Default Rear axle noise

Many thanks for the information.
My car now booked in for “repair “ to rear axle.
New Agent confirmed it was a known problem and work is to be FOC on my 3 & a half year old car.
Next... it’s the noisy brakes! (Have had this on previous brand new 308’s)
Old 26-03-18, 09:11 AM   #7

Default Recall on booking yearly service.

I also had issues when I booked my 308 sw active Blue HDi in for a yearly service.
I was told that there were four recall issues as follows:
HUL New Cat converter fitted.
HUH New cap for Ad Blue filler fitted.
HML New Clutch master cylinder fitted.
HWX New Crankshaft pulley & new cam belt fitted.
All was done under warranty, so could not be happier. The SS only worked twice
in the last year since buying the car. Mentioned this when booking in. Had new battery fitted at no cost to me, all is well now.... fingers crossed.
Sunkione likes this.

Last edited by Tai_Shan; 26-03-18 at 09:16 AM.
Tai_Shan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-18, 10:01 PM   #8

Car returned from HXW recall, although service report is quoting HKW as being done? Tried finding on the DVLA recall website but can't find this? Also have had HUH - new Urea cap fitted, and HML - new master clutch cylinder replaced - all under warranty works. Car appears to be fine - hopefully no more recall warranty works required........
FOREST37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-18, 08:14 PM   #9

Just had my 15 plate 2ltr auto GT Line 60k service today and only recall on mine was for the adblu cap. Has had a few recalls for a fuel hose clip, adblu wiring loom, top pulley and tensioner and alternator wiring last year so hoping that's it now. No mention of HXW or other checks to be done.
GaryK5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-18, 11:45 PM   #10

That may be because yours is a different engine. Is the GT Line only fitted with one option of engine?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in