Updating Maps on 308 Allure SW - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-08-18, 10:59 PM   #1

Question Updating Maps on 308 Allure SW

Recently purchased a 308 Allure in Australia and wanted to update the GPS maps. Apparently it can only be done if I take it to a dealer and its done during a service. I have noticed in Europe that this can be done by downloading a map online. Is there any way I can do this myself in Oz without the dealer involved. I'm sure this is only done so that you are obliged to take the vehicle back to them for a very expensive dealer service(291 Pounds)
Poiter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-09-18, 10:48 PM   #2

Is there a Peugeot Australia website?

There is normaly a means of buying the maps there, not always so expensive. For instance the French website sell the Europe one for 50 Euros. The UK site wants over twice as much.
Old 15-09-18, 02:38 AM   #3

I have searched the Australian website here and they don't seem to offer the option of purchasing map updates. They claim they update the maps at service(every 20,000km or 12 months) which is not soon enough for me. I took the car in to have the map updated and when I checked the software date afterwards(by pressing the set up button for 10 sec) it still indicated the original software date of 05/04/2016. The GPS is also supposed to show speed limits on roads but that only works on some. My previous Fiat500x had a far superior GPS with many more options. Needless to say I'm very disappointed in it. Thanks for your advice but I think I'm hitting my head against a brick wall here in Oz.
Poiter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 15-09-18, 07:26 AM   #4

I'm in UK and when I first wanted a free map update (Included in car sales) I asked Peugeot customer service via the website chat for the procedure and instructed to see dealer for it to be done.
He would not do it, I informed Peugeot and 15 minutes later dealer phoned asking me to bring care in.

Maybe chatting with CS will help you on Australian procedure.
Old 15-09-18, 09:04 AM   #5

After suggesting to another poster that he look on the GPS Underground site for a solution to a different problem I actually went there myself and had a look around.

There are map updates available for areas other than Europe so, if you get no joy from Peugeot Australia, try there.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in