Stuttering acceleration - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By scrumpymike

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-19, 10:45 AM   #1

Default Stuttering acceleration

Was recently driving Mrs. scrumpy's 308 (2015 1.2 petrol auto) and had to hit the gas at around 50mph to get out of trouble. Instead of the expected kick-down and acceleration, I got an on/off quick-fire 'stuttering' response with no apparent down-change and, if anything, slight reduction in road speed - scary and dangerous! We've got the car booked in for a diagnostic check but would like to know in advance if anyone has had similar problems. Any help much appreciated
scrumpymike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-06-19, 11:14 AM   #2

When was the last time your 308 visited a Peugeot main dealer?

There was a engine ecu software update campaign for the earlier 1.2 Puretech 308's as my 2016 car & my friends 2014 car both got called back for it.

Do you happen to have the VIN?
Old 25-06-19, 01:00 PM   #3

Thanks for your helpful response - VIN is VF3LPHNYWFS140719. The car was bought approved/used from a main P dealer in March 2018 and had a bit of work done by the supplying dealer last Autumn. This year's service was done by an excellent independent (ex-Renault dealer who maintained our Renaults) with the instruction that they follow the Peugeot service schedule. I'll certainly query with supplying P dealer whether the upgrade has been done to our car. If not, I'll change my (chargeable) diagnostic booking to a (presumably FOC) upgrade appointment.

Old 25-06-19, 02:41 PM   #4

Theres no outstanding recalls for that VIN.
Old 25-06-19, 03:26 PM   #5

Thanks again - next stop diagnostic check!
Old 29-06-19, 03:23 PM   #6

I've just noticed the exact same problem on the wifes 308; enginewise it's a 1.2 puretech 130, but manual, not auto (and it's a 2014 model). Have scanned it and it has no faults stored in the ECU.
I feel it (randomly) does it when there is a sudden input in the accelerator - gradual acceleration is fine.

Be interested if you get to the bottom of it.

Last edited by Rjb2001; 29-06-19 at 03:26 PM.
Rjb2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-08-19, 04:46 PM   #7

OK, after some weeks of trying to ignore this fault in the hope that it would go away (it didn't), we now have the diagnosis - spark plugs - and repair - new set fitted. One of the 3 finally gave up the ghost and triggered/recorded a fault message that was easily diagnosed by our supplying Peugeot dealer. Turns out that the independent, ex-Renault garage that we have used for years were sent non-approved plugs by their supplier when they did our annual service in April. The NGK plug looked the same but was obviously not the right spec. The garage were mortified and immediately refunded us the full cost of the Peugeot diagnostic check and repair - which impressed and surprised us in equal measure.
mooi1uk and Rjb2001 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in